Lappydore486

Re: Official Errata

Thu 14 Dec 2023, 05:19

I just received my preorder hard copy of Building Better Worlds and I noticed there are still some inconsistencies in the text, including issues already highlighted by posters from months ago, which I have put in bold:
  • Page 39 - "Norcomm" is misspelled "Norcom"
  • Page 59 - The sidebar labeled Electrostatic Weaponry refers to the ES-7 Shockgun as the ES-7 Rifle.
  • Page 63 - The Note From MU/TH/UR isn't clear about what it refers to but is presumably the YAWS3 - this would only be inferable if one was reading the whole page through from top to bottom though.
  • Page 75 - the costs for the Heliades and Magellan class vessels are listed at $20 million and $40 million respectively, despite the text on the previous page stating that a ship from each class respectively costs $1 billion and $2 billion.
  • Page 125 - the entry for the Stage V Abomination includes a hanging "either" in the first sentence with no other referent. The sentence likely ought to read
    After days to weeks at Stage IV, some Abominations will cocoon themselves to be reborn as the Perfected (page 126).
  • Page 127 - objet d'art should be pluralized to objets d'art
  • Page 154 - "Briefing Room" is misspelled as "Brefing Room"
  • Page 155 - "Coolant Tanks" is misspelled as "Colant Tanks"
  • Pages 170 and 171 - ES-4 Electrostatic Pistol misspelled as E4 Electroshock Pistol and E-4 Pistol.
  • Occurs throughout the book - ES-7 Shockgun misspelled as E-7 Shockgun. Mk35 and Mk50 Compression Suit is missing a period and space between "Mk" and mark number. NPCs appear with gear that is not in this book or the core rulebook, e.g., 6B90 Combat Armor, which is only found in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual without clarification. M37A2 shotgun is misspelled as 37A2.
I'm an horrendous picker of nits, so I will likely be adding to this list. I love the book and everything within it but the lack of polish since the beta .pdf was released is quite bothersome to me.