mrwigglesalldaylong
Topic Author

Home made ship plans and maps

Tue 10 Dec 2019, 22:06

Hi everyone,

I am going to be running a campaign with a few of my friends on roll20 and wanted to have decent maps to play on that are friendly for the experience and matched the style in the core rule books, couldn't find many.  I noticed here there wasn't really a central thread for any collection of home made maps for others to use (unless I missed something then I sorry) so I thought I would start one.

To kick things off I thought I would share some of the ones that I have made.
Firstly, I remade the cinematic starter kit ship to include a few more things and to use as my campaigns starter ship:

I also love the film Event Horizon so I decided to make that my groups first location so here is the map for that (not highly accurate but hopefully functional):

If you like these then I would love to hear peoples feedback and also any other suggestions for famous sci fi ships that people want to see a map for (or to be honest any rough ship/base/station sketches) because I m always looking for inspiration for new maps.
My current plan is to make a fully realised map of the Sevastopol Station, which I will post here when I finish bits and bobs of it.

Feel free to use these however you wish, just if you do then I only ask you credit me.

Anaxander

Re: Home made ship plans and maps

Tue 10 Dec 2019, 23:09

Thank you, these are beautiful. What program do you use?

mrwigglesalldaylong
Topic Author

Tue 10 Dec 2019, 23:57

Thank you, these are beautiful. What program do you use?
Thanks, I use Procreate on an iPad

HyveMynd

Wed 11 Dec 2019, 10:03

Yup. Those look absolutely fantastic. Well done.

Riggswolfe

Thu 12 Dec 2019, 07:10

I also love the film Event Horizon so I decided to make that my groups first location so here is the map for that (not highly accurate but hopefully functional):

If you like these then I would love to hear peoples feedback and also any other suggestions for famous sci fi ships that people want to see a map for (or to be honest any rough ship/base/station sketches) because I m always looking for inspiration for new maps.
My current plan is to make a fully realised map of the Sevastopol Station, which I will post here when I finish bits and bobs of it.

Feel free to use these however you wish, just if you do then I only ask you credit me.
Very nice. I do wish your commercial freighter had the others decks like in the Alien Blueprints but I do like it. I like that you added in a small living space. I also adore your Horizon blueprint.  Are you going to run an adventure around them salvaging it? Also, any chance of printer friendly versions of these maps? 

Tobem

Thu 12 Dec 2019, 08:57

These are really great. Thank you. 
I also use an iPad and Procreate: are you just making all the straight lines in the software? These have inspired me to make my own. I will post here when I am done.

mrwigglesalldaylong
Topic Author

Sun 15 Dec 2019, 14:18

Very nice. I do wish your commercial freighter had the others decks like in the Alien Blueprints but I do like it. I like that you added in a small living space. I also adore your Horizon blueprint.  Are you going to run an adventure around them salvaging it? Also, any chance of printer friendly versions of these maps? 
Thanks for the feedback, if I every actually get my hands on a digital copy of the Alien Blueprints book I will possibly re do the commercial freighter to include the additional decks and it would allow me to do more accurate maps from the rest of the universe.

Yes I am going to be running a game pretty much based of the movie, so no Aliens as such, but with degenerated humans as enemies as well as a LOT of horror elements as the start of my campaign.  Once I have finished fully writing up the events and locations, I am more than happy to share them here.

I will try and post some nice black and white printer friendly version of the maps when I get chance, if that helps people use these. 

mrwigglesalldaylong
Topic Author

Sun 15 Dec 2019, 14:21

These are really great. Thank you. 
I also use an iPad and Procreate: are you just making all the straight lines in the software? These have inspired me to make my own. I will post here when I am done.
Yup, only used Procreate, was actually quite simply and very enjoyable to do.  For the Horizon I got some reference images and essentially traced the exterior then filled in the interior however I saw fit to help with my campaign.

Glad I could help inspire and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Hadesblade

Wed 01 Jan 2020, 20:20

Those look really good. I also use future armada ship plans by 0-hr. Here is the link for them on drive thru https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... ?term=0-hr 

Jonesy64

Thu 02 Jan 2020, 16:29

o-Hour has some excellent space station designs