Riggswolfe

Re: [Moved] Facehugger combat questoin

Fri 13 Dec 2019, 17:30

In the case of the incinerator, I personally would rule that if it hits both the facehugger and the PC are on fire. You just don't shoot a flamethrower into a group unless you plan to light them all on fire.

aramis

Re: Facehugger combat questoin

Sat 14 Dec 2019, 04:07

On the use of flame... 
I'd say a default hit hits both for base... and 6's spent for more hurt both equally.

If the player narrates a suitable "don't hurt the PC" effort, I'd require a 6 to pull it off; can't maximize your damage when being cautious…
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

EFFEKT Dave

Mon 16 Dec 2019, 23:20

Coming to this conversation very late, I just wanted to say that I really had the medical bay scene in Aliens and Ripley and Newts fight against the facehuggers fully in mind when I wrote the signature attacks that relate to grappling, along with tail grabs and throttling.

Jonbertsch

Mon 30 Dec 2019, 20:02

It seems the consensus is that certain xeno special attacks result in the PC being grappled with the xeno. The PC now can only perform the "break free" action, which is an opposed close combat roll, but xenos do not have skills in the traditional sense so what is the GM rolling for?

Fenhorn

Mon 30 Dec 2019, 21:25

It seems the consensus is that certain xeno special attacks result in the PC being grappled with the xeno. The PC now can only perform the "break free" action, which is an opposed close combat roll, but xenos do not have skills in the traditional sense so what is the GM rolling for?
Thoses xenos that do grapple do list the number of dice to roll except for the facehugger on one of its signature attacks (for some reason). One way to solve this is to use the number of dice that the facehugger use when grapple on another signature attack (6 I think).
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore
GZIP: Off