wendal

Question about xenomorphs origin?

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 00:22

So i always loved the old stuff, xenomorphs created by another advanced species the engineers as weapons etc, From alien, aliens, alien 3 alien Resurrection and the comics there origins steered more towards the engineers. With Prometheus and covenant "ARGH!" They hurt to say, that all changed and there origins became less grand in my eyes, created by an android created by humans. Ergh! Please, so my question is to those who already have this amazing looking book, how has it handled the obvious gap between those movies about there origins. 

Is it more of a mystery again? i wont constantly be thinking this is all because of david, One android will I. 
As opposed to this was all done by some ancient race, ie the engineers for reasons only they knew? 

Thank you for any ones time pulling my hair out waiting for the release.
viewtopic.php?t=5397
"The bitch is back" Ellen Ripley.

Deep_Impact

Re: Question about xenomorphs origin?

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 08:16

The book (like the movies) keeps this intentionally vague. Could be natural, by the Engineers or maybe through human influence. 

But what ever is written, it´s your personal universe. Do whatever fits your story the most. And the exact origin of the Aliens shouldn´t be discovered or known by players anyway.

wendal

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 10:52

Yes! Vague, i like vague, i can work with vague. Thank you. I know the player characters will never know, but i will in my heart of hearts especially if its printed in front of me.
viewtopic.php?t=5397

Deep_Impact

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:21

Then every mystery game and ALIEN is the wrong game for you, :D

Don´t expect "The Thrust". Roleplaying without decision and fantasy won´t work.
Last edited by Deep_Impact on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

[AvPG]CorporalHicks

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:25

Really we just don't know. Scott seems to be angling at the Aliens as we know them being a creation of David, which I absolutely hate. Alan Dean Foster's novelization of Covenant had the Alien's as being a recreation of the Engineer's, which I much prefer. Personally, I just like Destroying Angel's take on them where they're a sort of cosmic balancing force. 

wendal

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 11:53

Then every mystery game and ALIEN is the wrong game for you, :D
Huh? I don't understand sorry, its hardly a mystery if we know the beginnings, middle and ends, no matter how much we try to hide it. 

Shame they are going down the david path but ill just have to wait and see, 
viewtopic.php?t=5397

Deep_Impact

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:01

its hardly a mystery if we know the beginnings, middle and ends, ..
I don´t know beginning, middle and end. The movies are showing some beginning, but not how the story has gone further. The origin hasn´t been canonized, yet. And I doubt and hope, that it ever will.

HamsterOfWrath

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:31

As this is the Official Alien RPG, they've had to include all the Xenomorphs, Engineers etc from the Films because that is considered official Canon. That said, while paying tribute to the Canon, the entry for Engineers, Xenomorphs etc are deliberately vague about concrete origins for anything, which is the perfect approach in my opinion as it leaves a lot of elbow room for Game Mothers. While they've had to define what the Aliens are for game purposes, they are still beings of myths and legend in the timeline. Think of old sea maps where uncharted territory was marked "Here be dragons".  The Black Goo exists, but no one is entirely sure where it comes from and Corportations are literally killing people to keep them quiet about it. The Ovomorph (traditional facehugger) exists, but are horror stories jokingly told on long cargo runs. The Xenomorph exists, but it's a tale to scare the rookie marines when the lights go off in the barracks.  
The Alien universe at large is not as Genre Savvy or aware of their situation as us fans are.  ;)

Also as Deep Impact says, its your personal universe, throw out what you don't like, or invent something new.
Last edited by HamsterOfWrath on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Diego

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:41

I am so thankful they didn't shove the horse manure from covenant down on us.
Alien: Wanderer
https://alienwanderer.obsidianportal.com/
Session 3 now up

wendal

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:58

Thank you hamster of wrath exactly the answer i needed to read. Im so excited, a month is too long, i enjoyed the neomorphs, black goo etc just hate david.

Mad android mixed sugar, spice and everything nice, these were the ingredients chosen to make the perfect organism.... Accidentally adding an extra ingredient to the concoction... Chemical AO-3959X.91-15. 

viewtopic.php?t=5397
GZIP: Off