Attackmack

Living expenses, sideeffects?

Thu 29 Aug 2019, 17:36

Thinking about all things alien i started wondering if i should introduce a penalty for living at minimum expense. Probably this will come in play between sessions and maybe anyone who choose to live and oay for anything less than Normal starts a session with some stress and maybe a condition?
Stress and exhaustion are easily relieved early in a scenario but if it hits the fan quickly it might become an issue.

Just a thought.

Spamsolo

Re: Living expenses, sideeffects?

Thu 29 Aug 2019, 18:35

I like the idea of having stress generated from living below "the normal" expenses. You could easily justify the penalty by saying this character is stressed out from having to live frugally by necessity and not by choice. Maybe they are having to pay off a huge debt and are only able to spare a little amount each month or are having to pay space alimony (the only difference between this and normal alimony is that it's in space!) to an ex. This would, of course, depend on the character and the player. Maybe they are trying to save up some money to afford a cool item and so must have a penalty for a couple of weeks in order to save up the right amount of credits. 

Pily

Thu 29 Aug 2019, 19:24

Thinking about all things alien i started wondering if i should introduce a penalty for living at minimum expense. Probably this will come in play between sessions and maybe anyone who choose to live and oay for anything less than Normal starts a session with some stress and maybe a condition?
Stress and exhaustion are easily relieved early in a scenario but if it hits the fan quickly it might become an issue.

Just a thought.
You could use things from mental trauma that could applie to poor living condition for long periods of time ie depression/alcoholism/drug use

Attackmack

Sat 31 Aug 2019, 15:10

Just a thought.
You could use things from mental trauma that could applie to poor living condition for long periods of time ie depression/alcoholism/drug use
Yeah thats a good idea, at least ill look at them for inspiration!
I dont want it to be too harsh a punishment yet enough to make the players think twice before going for minimum just to lessen expenses!

Im really excited to dive into this game now, I love coriolis but Alien even more so. And the small refinements to the rules, mainly thinking about Stress, just ups the game a notch above Coriolis where i could never really enjoy the darkness point system.

This is gonna be a great winter!
GZIP: Off