kmccaffery
Topic Author

Scenarios and Campaign

Mon 10 Jun 2019, 14:40

I was wondering what is the overall # of individual scenarios included in the book /Pdf and what would be the average game length for the scenarios? Also, what is the 'size' of the campaign (I'm presuming its a series of scenarios strung together). Thanks... game looks great!!

CynicalMo

Re: Scenarios and Campaign

Mon 10 Jun 2019, 23:42

Not sure about the finished book but the pre-order kit has one scenario in it. They say it usually lasts 3-4 hours but I haven't run through it yet. I'm sure those who have can update you with a better figure. I'm hoping that there's at least one cinematic scenario in the final book different from the one in the pre-order. As to campaign size I imagine that's up to you. Stringing scenarios is probably fine but there are different rules/mechanics depending on whether you're running cinematic vs. campaign. I'm looking at the campaigns to be more D&D like but what really sold me was the cinematic rules.

paulbaldowski

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 09:01

I'm running Chariot of the Gods from the Starter Set a couple of times (maybe more) over the next couple of weeks, so I'll report back with my findings!
Symbaroum Resources: www.theironpact.com | Official Free League Merch: www.allrolledup.co.uk/product-tag/free-league/?orderby=price

The1TrueFredrix

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 09:41

I ran Chariot in a tight three hours, but my players missed out on a lot, I reckon it could easily fill five, maybe six with some styles of play. We know noth8ng yet about further scenarios or campaign (except that Free League are interesting in taking on our Last Hopes con adventures). I suspect that Chariot of the Gods will the the adventure in the final core book, and the QuickStart we all have is more of a preview than separate product. 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Valyar

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 10:57

It will be nice to have different adventure in the core book... Lets have at least SOME benefits as early adopters and testers! :)

decanox

Tue 11 Jun 2019, 14:38

There should be another scenario in the rulebook or at least a new one alongside Chariot of the Gods... On the contrary, we would have to await to a New scenario white the rest are going to play Chariots.

CynicalMo

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 01:48

It will be nice to have different adventure in the core book... Lets have at least SOME benefits as early adopters and testers! :)
They said that only pre-orders get the QuickStart kit and that it won't be available after release so I'm going to assume that makes the scenario exclusive and hope a Fria Ligan mod will chime in and confirm. If it isn't I would like at least like an additional scenario so fingers crossed. I hope they're listening.  :D