AkatsukiEmpire

Re: Errata and Clarifications

Thu 20 Jun 2019, 06:23

I didn't see that. Thanks

Erro

Sat 22 Jun 2019, 06:08

1. Can a character card receive 2 of the same trait?  (E.g. one character receives the "Swordmaster" trait twice via two separate events.)
2. RE: Card #E036 (Build/Develop "Fire!"), the event text doesn't say what to do with the castle, other than the player chooses which castle has a fire.  Is the castle destroyed; does it lose tax value for 1 turn (turn on its side); does nothing happen?
3. If a king has a female sibling / child who is the heir to the throne, does the husband of the female sibling/child become the ruling king when that character (the female sibling/child) would ascend to the throne?  This would impact certain event cards.

AnOddBoiledEgg

Sat 22 Jun 2019, 07:10

It’s really great that this thread exists. Are there any official variants or plans to make workable variants so children aren’t so random? Such as a trait check if you don’t get a child during a round? I’ve already played a couple of games and a succession crises due to a lack of births was surprisingly common. The Salian Dynasty in one game didn’t even get a child until the third round despite being married the entire time.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sat 22 Jun 2019, 10:06

1. Can a character card receive 2 of the same trait?  (E.g. one character receives the "Swordmaster" trait twice via two separate events.)
2. RE: Card #E036 (Build/Develop "Fire!"), the event text doesn't say what to do with the castle, other than the player chooses which castle has a fire.  Is the castle destroyed; does it lose tax value for 1 turn (turn on its side); does nothing happen?
3. If a king has a female sibling / child who is the heir to the throne, does the husband of the female sibling/child become the ruling king when that character (the female sibling/child) would ascend to the throne?  This would impact certain event cards.
Hi!

1. Yes.
2. The only effect of the card is that a member of the royal family is killed, as stated on the card. The castle is not affected.
3. No, the female heir remains heir even if she is married, and becomes King (ie ruling queen) when ascending the throne. Her husband is placed in the Spouse slot.
Fria Ligan

joglesby

Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:04

Is there a PDF version of the most recent rules available somewhere? The PDF linked to from the Kickstarter site is the beta rules.

sf34r

Mon 24 Jun 2019, 02:30

Hello,

I have a question about removing a trait from your bag when your King gets his/her fourth time marker. After you do this, if another plays an event on the next turn which causes you to remove a time marker (for example, the event card Lover), at the end of the round when you place another time marker on your King you will again have placed a fourth time marker. Do you get to remove another trait from your bag again?

Thanks,

Tomas
Site Admin

Mon 24 Jun 2019, 08:13

Is there a PDF version of the most recent rules available somewhere? The PDF linked to from the Kickstarter site is the beta rules.
Hi! The printed version of the rulebook was shared in an update back in January: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ts/2395572
Fria Ligan

joglesby

Mon 24 Jun 2019, 17:03

Hi! The printed version of the rulebook was shared in an update back in January: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... ts/2395572
Thank you, Tomas! I must have missed that.

Duckwing

Sun 30 Jun 2019, 16:12

Hi!
I'm trying out the "AI" rules and wonder about the rule "In a trait check, an AI player always draws at least one more Trait Token than the number of success needed."
Is this before or after other modifiers?

Fenhorn

Sun 30 Jun 2019, 22:02

Hi!
I'm trying out the "AI" rules and wonder about the rule "In a trait check, an AI player always draws at least one more Trait Token than the number of success needed."
Is this before or after other modifiers?
You determine how many draws the AI have for a certain task if that number is less than "one more than needed" then the AI is assumed to have spend gold so he got draws equal to one more draws than he needs. So if an AI Invades a mobilized territory with a castle (3 successes needed) with one extra draws from support (so he has two draws), the AI is assumed to have spend two extra gold so het got four draws (one extra than needed). If an AI invades a territory (one success needed) with an extra draw from support and one extra draw from development cards, he will draw three draws.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore