Sherman
Topic Author

Do you REST while you SLEEP?

Mon 18 Mar 2019, 09:11

Looking over the rules for SLEEP, it does not seem to include REST. This feels intentional, but I'm not sure. Every other games just assumes that you would be resting while sleeping and that will be good enough to get back whatever stats, spells, powers, etc. that the game allows, so I figure it's worth double checking.

Assuming this is intentional, it will dramatically effect how quickly characters are able to get back lost ability points. It also means that players will have a lot more decision points about who's going to MAKE CAMP and KEEP WATCH when the characters who are best at those things really need to REST.

The1TrueFredrix

Re: Do you REST while you SLEEP?

Mon 18 Mar 2019, 09:42

Yes, sleep is the same as rest, as regards recovery (see page 108), but if you just rest, without sleep, you get the sleepy condition. 
Last edited by The1TrueFredrix on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

Sherman
Topic Author

Mon 18 Mar 2019, 10:13

I think it's page 108 in the English edition, Further Recovery. It does say you recover lost attribute points by resting or sleeping. Thanks!

I would suggest the rules for sleep should include a note that sleep also counts as rest. Now that I've thought about the implications, I kind of like the idea that Sleep is not the same as Rest... Definitely changes some things.

The1TrueFredrix

Mon 18 Mar 2019, 11:22

Yup. 108, my bad for trying to remember without looking it up again. 
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/