Jizmack
Topic Author

Does the Timeline match other MY:0 settings?

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 02:18

Elysium beta book, page 102.
“Earth’s surface was turned into a devastated wasteland many generations ago.”
“No human can survive outside the enclave for longer than it takes for the seal of a hazmat suits to fail, or for an oxygen tank to run empty.”

The fist quote implies roughly 100 years has passed, and the second quote implies that the Earth’s surface might as well be Mars.
However, the Elder in the first MY:0 book is a human born only one generation ago.
Also, in Genlab Alpha, there is obviously a lush wilderness with lots of oxygen breathing life.
Are the settings taking place at different time periods?
Last edited by Jizmack on Sun 30 Dec 2018, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Fenhorn

Re: Does the Timeline match other MY:0 settimgs?

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 06:36

First, I don't get where the "roughly 100 years ago" comes from. The second, well, this quote is in the Players part of the book not the GM:s part. The Swedish version of this expansion uses two books and that makes lifes as a GM easier. This is a lie something that every player that has played the MYZ, Genlab Alpha or Mechatron games will know (duh). This is a lie that the ruling elite in Elysium wants, or more correctly, needs the people to believe.
I am not sure here if FL have changed something but the truth about the world (that it is not that destroyed and that you can survive) will surface, at least to the players during the play (and depending on what the players do, to the people) when the players are playing various incidents, especially in "Censorship" and also the special incidents (again I am not sure they will have the same name or if the term incidents is the term they use in the English version).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Byrax

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 08:39

If the players are not ’aware’ of the setting, and the gm is consistently sticking to the official version, it should be a cool twist when they find the truth regarding the state of the ’outside’.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 10:17

Yes.

As for the Elder in Mutant: Year Zero - he (as well as all other scientists in Project Eden) was born in a Mimir orbital enclave.
Fria Ligan

Jizmack
Topic Author

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 19:04

Thanks, and just so I’m understanding the storyline correctly...
“several generations ago” is true?
“No human can survive outside” is disinformation made up by the ruling house?

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 20:54

Thanks, and just so I’m understanding the storyline correctly...
“several generations ago” is true?
“No human can survive outside” is disinformation made up by the ruling house?
Yep!
Fria Ligan

Byrax

Re: Does the Timeline match other MY:0 settings?

Sun 30 Dec 2018, 23:13

It is further explained in one of the incident scenarios (one of the three meta-plot ones).