Daydren
Topic Author

Enduring a swarm and camping

Sun 26 May 2024, 20:29

When fighting a swarm you can use the endure skill, but i am having trouble deciding how to apply it thematically... if they are fighting it would be close or ranged combat, if they are outpacing the walkers then mobility, force for pushing their way through, stealth for hiding or covering yourself in their guts... but can thinknof how endure would work... i even let someone use tech to get gas put of a vehicle and start a fire to distract the swarm for that roundneven though tech isnt allowed in swarm fights, but endure i cant think of anything for it.

As far as camping goes when out scavenging etc, i know you can do a survival roll to set up a temp haven with 1 defense but is there any particular method or than a lucky die roll that you use to determine an overnight encounter? Any other rules for camping overnight?

Riggler2

Re: Enduring a swarm and camping

Tue 28 May 2024, 04:14

Endure also is the roll for endurance, long marches. Perhaps using Endure would represent simply pushing oneself to keep moving as the Swarm keeps following. It could also represent just not getting tired maneuvering around trying to find the right gaps while looking over your shoulder type of thing. Mechanically It provides another option other for shared successes other than Mobility, and is not hindered by the Swarm's Block attack.

As for camping, the Scout skill states that when moving somewhere on the area map it determines "if the sector you are about to enter is safe, and lets you find a good place to stay for the night." A failure on this Scout checks seems that it could open itself to a camping encounter. And of course a Mess Up on either the sector Scout or the Survival check for setting a camp could lead to a camping encounter. Forgoing those things happening, I'd say a Lucky die rule was made for exactly this.

Daydren
Topic Author

Re: Enduring a swarm and camping

Tue 28 May 2024, 14:10

Seems like i will be using the lucky die more often.