Riggler2
Topic Author

Quick Teaching Aid

Fri 24 May 2024, 15:44

I was wondering if anyone has created a quick teaching aid for this game yet. I plan on creating one if not. For example, the rulebook is convoluted. Players don't need to know they have technically 13 points for attributes and they need to have a minimum of 2 and a max of 5 on only one. All they need to know is pick one of these arrays for your Attributes:

Those are the only starting options under the rules. Why they don't just say that is beyond me.

A quick summary of when skills will come up, for example:
Tech: Haven improvement, project building, repairs, hot wiring
Manipulation: 1-on-1 social
Leadership: Group manipulation; Adding dice to ally roles.

Ways to improve rolls, like aid, Drive, etc.

Just wondering if anyone has already done this and if you could point me to it.

Fosco

Re: Quick Teaching Aid

Sat 25 May 2024, 05:33

Earlier today, I started putting together a primer for the group I'm going to run for soon and quickly realized I was simply rewriting the rulebook. I'm going to keep working on it and will share to get your thoughts when I'm done.

Riggler2
Topic Author

Re: Quick Teaching Aid

Mon 10 Jun 2024, 18:21

Seeing as how I could find one that did what I wanted it to. I created one myself. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AmM ... ue&sd=true:

This is an attempt to sum up all the mechanical rules that a new player will need to know. I've looked for every instance that the use of a skill is mentioned being used in the rulebook and included it on pages 3 and 4. It works pretty good as a GM quick reference as well. I didn't want it to go over 4 pages, so really the only thing missing is a mechanical Talent summary. The mechanics of Talents could probably fit on one additional page. Which means when you break it down, the rules for the Walking Dead RPG are essentially 5 pages long.