Kerendil
Topic Author

Rule: beginner Skills and Elfs

Fri 12 Apr 2024, 07:54

Hi, I am a new GM for the one ring and surely the topic has been answered but i am still confused. The elven precision cannot apply for combat tests? In french book the skills are separated in Common skills and Combat skills and the Elven trait say: Skills with no precision. I would assume that would be very strong, but they are elfs and they regain their Hope slowly. Sorry for this question (and my english) maybe redundant. Thanx.

Linklite

Re: Rule: beginner Skills and Elfs

Fri 12 Apr 2024, 15:46

The terms you are using aren't lining up very well with the English terms, so it's hard to know for sure. Do you mean Elven Skill, the cultural blessing where you get a magical success in exchange for 1 Hope? That only applies to skills with at least 1 proficiency, not to combat rolls (so using a weapon to attack, protection tests) or Shadow Tests.

Kerendil
Topic Author

Fri 12 Apr 2024, 22:58

Yes sorry that is elven skill. So OK, no magical success for combat test. Thank you.

AndrewTBP

Sat 13 Apr 2024, 03:49

Just to make sure, it is possible to get a Magical Success on a Skill used in a Combat Task during Combat. For example, a Magical Success on the AWE Skill during an Intimidate Foe is OK, and makes it work against foes with the Heartless Fell Ability.