Barbarianbob
Topic Author

Chain Shirt Option

Thu 11 Apr 2024, 22:29

Greetings All!

Page 75 CRB has studded leather at an AR of 2, with a bane on Sneaking and a cost of 10 gold; while the next one up is chainmail with an AR of 4; band on Sneaking and Evade and a cost of 50 golf.

I'm assuming "chainmail" indicates a "full suit" of chain. So... if we were to insert a chain "Shirt" i would think that would be an AR of 3, with a bane to sneaking, but maybe not Evade (yet)? And a cost of 25 gold?

Anyone else doing something like this? Any thoughts on that? Anything im missing if i was to add that as an option to purchase? Does it "cheapen" the value of leather or full chain?

I guess my biggest thing is would it have bane to Evade like full chain or not?

Thanks

Kartong Karlsson

Re: Chain Shirt Option

Fri 12 Apr 2024, 23:12

It might cheapen the value of armor made by a Master Tanner a little but it's probably fine. Maybe the chain shirt could have the same disadvantages while swimming that chain mail and plate armor does to give it some downside compared to studded leather?

paladin2019

Mon 15 Apr 2024, 06:58

I'd just use the full stats for studded leather with the optional mail damage resistance instead of leather's. The armors are more classes than specific types.

Barbarianbob
Topic Author

Sat 20 Apr 2024, 23:09

I'd just use the full stats for studded leather with the optional mail damage resistance instead of leather's. The armors are more classes than specific types.
Hmmm... that's an interesting approach. Thanks for the feedback.