hipshotau
Topic Author

Rules questions and popularity

Wed 10 Apr 2024, 16:02

Hi,
as a base line [ and a guy relatively new to RPG's] I have a question regarding the rules for ranged combat and I guess skill checks in general.
A ranged shot is the # of 1d6 = to their Attribute + # of dice equal to their ranged combat skill?
OR is the Ranged combat skill a DRM?
so for example an Agility of 4 and ranged combat skill of 2 would roll 6x 1d6 ? seeking 6's.

Popularity - I grabbed this on a whim to enable some creative writing for my substack on wargaming. But I see no or little content, no 1 on social talking about it. Is it being supported or just a 1 off?
No big deal either way. I like the openness and casual play vs say Twilight 2ks rules that micro manage everything. This feels more like when I was a kid playing original D&D

Fosco

Re: Rules questions and popularity

Wed 10 Apr 2024, 22:17

Hi,
as a base line [ and a guy relatively new to RPG's] I have a question regarding the rules for ranged combat and I guess skill checks in general.
A ranged shot is the # of 1d6 = to their Attribute + # of dice equal to their ranged combat skill?
OR is the Ranged combat skill a DRM?
so for example an Agility of 4 and ranged combat skill of 2 would roll 6x 1d6 ? seeking 6's.

It's the agility attribute #, plus the ranged combat # PLUS any bonuses for the weapon. So a PC with 5 agility, 2 ranged combat and a rifle that gives +2 bonus would roll 9d6. I think. :P

Daydren

Re: Rules questions and popularity

Thu 11 Apr 2024, 04:33

Fosco is correct.

As far as popularity. This is a VERY new game. So it has not gained traction yet. You can still find videos on youtube etc. For it.
Keep in mind any ttrpg other than dnd, does not have a massive following. Eve with just the core rules you can amke countless adventures for your survivors... assuming they live through each one.

Also if i recall i saw something official saying they were designing more content, but honestly cant recall for sure.