Smokintek
Topic Author

Card PDF's are problematic...

Wed 27 Mar 2024, 20:03

I purchased Dragonbane from Drivethru RPG and it came with PDF's of the various card decks. After reading the pdf I realized there are no tables to replicate them which means they are needed for much of the play. When I looked at the PDF's they are all one image per page rather than 6 or 9 per page as is typical. This means that if I print the treasure deck I'll need to print out 40 double sided pages rather than at most 10. The other 2 decks that came with it also suffer from this problem. As they are functionally required to play in person and as they are also not included in the Roll 20 VTT package that was on drive thru I'm left with half a game. I can't even fully play Solo because I can't generate treasures or improvised weapons.

I'm perfectly fine with printing out my own cards (I have the card stock, corner cutters, etc.) but for printing use the PDF's are hugely wasteful and super time consuming to prepare compared to every other card deck I've ever received a PDF for. Is there some other version I can use to print them out so I can use them? If so might I suggest they also be added to the PDF download at Drive Thru. There's already a few negative reviews on there for specifically because the tables are missing and people can't print the cards.

Edit: I did find a way I can print multiple pages on one page but I won't be able to get the card backs lined up correctly. For those looking to do the same here is the link on how to do so with Adobe https://www.wikihow.com/Print-Multiple- ... obe-Reader I had to set it to even pages only though I suppose you could do one set even and one set odd then cut out and glue together? still leaves the original complaint of printing problems

aramis

Re: Card PDF's are problematic...

Fri 05 Apr 2024, 09:11

If you use Acrobat Reader on Windows or Mac, print them 8 to a page in the print settings.
If using Linux, booklet imposer can generate printable sheets.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...