Segovax
Topic Author

Defenseless Target

Fri 22 Mar 2024, 02:05

Hi!
I'm New here ans not native english.
I've a question, and i did not find the answer even After a research here.

In close combat there is a définition for defenseless Target. (Defenseless or unaware Target you get +3 to hit)
But in ranged combat there is another text.
(Immobile or unaware Target in the samedi hex you get +3 to hit)

If i understand this correctly, to stab someone you need him to be injured so Bad that he's out to have +3?
And with a gun, you need him to stand still or be asleep to have the same bonus?

My question is : Is there a different description on purpose to make someone a defenseless Target? Or is it just a different sentence, but the meaning should be the same?
Defenseless Target is a status ? And the criteria to have it, changes wether you are stabing or shooting?

Thanks for you'r Time!

Segovax. A french Referee.

Fenhorn

Re: Defenseless Target

Fri 22 Mar 2024, 02:34

My thoughts on this: The idea with the rule is that you get +3 if the target is defenseless, which means that he is incapacitated or otherwise not able to defend himself from your melee attack or of course if he is unaware of you. In ranged combat, the target needs to be immobile (or unaware of you), which means he can't move (or haven't moved). An incapacitated person can still crawl. In 95% of the situations, it is the same thing, but sure, sometimes you are facing a crawling incapacitated person and you want to be cruel.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Segovax
Topic Author

Fri 22 Mar 2024, 11:06

Thanks for the answer.

If i understand correctly, a shooter on your hex ans prone. He uses histoire actions to aim and shoot. Is he considered immobile?
The same shooter takes overwatch. He is immobile too?

This would mean rushing someone gives you an davantage by allowing you to get +3? Do you still have the -1 for shooting someone in the same hex?

Fenhorn

Fri 22 Mar 2024, 11:51

Thanks for the answer.

If i understand correctly, a shooter on your hex ans prone. He uses histoire actions to aim and shoot. Is he considered immobile?
The same shooter takes overwatch. He is immobile too?

This would mean rushing someone gives you an davantage by allowing you to get +3? Do you still have the -1 for shooting someone in the same hex?
This is a GM discretion (hm, Referee's discretion in this game). He would only be considered not moving if he is still aiming or still in overwatch when you rushed his hex, something I don't think any sane person will do, they would stop aiming or stop overwatch (assuming he can't shoot the rusher), then he would be considered an active person in the hex instead, which give -1/-2 (besides the -1/-2 for doing a quick shot). But sure, if you could get into the same hex as someone doing a scope aiming (which will take a slow action) without him detecting you, sure you will get +3.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore