Tobnac
Topic Author

A visit to the treasury?

Mon 26 Feb 2024, 11:43

Have I understood the rules concerning Valour and Rewards correctly?

A Player-hero can only have the same number of Rewards (ordinary or Enhanced) as his Valour in total. However, the first quality of each famous weapon or armour in his possession doesn’t count. A Player-hero can in theory have any number of famous weapons or armour at “level 1”.
A Player-hero can leave any piece of war gear with one or more Rewards, ordinary or Enhanced to a treasury, thereby freeing locked up Valour-ranks.
A famous weapon or armour with only the first quality unlocked doesn’t free any Valour if left at a treasury (a player-hero need to have invested some Valour into the war gear).
After a visit to a treasury the Player-hero can only activate new qualities on Famous Weapons or Armour, not ordinary pieces of war gear.
A Player-hero can return home during the Fellowship Phase to visit a treasury, but the exchange at the treasury is not an Undertaking in itself.

I’m just trying to understand the rules correctly. I find the rules concerning Valour and Rewards a bit unclear. Please clarify them if I have misunderstood them.

Linklite

Re: A visit to the treasury?

Mon 26 Feb 2024, 15:27

Yes to all, apart from not being able to activate Rewards on ordinary gear (eg Keen on your bog-standard longsword). I can see where you're getting it from and it is RAW...but I think that this is not intended. There's little reason to allow it in FW/A but not ordinary gear. I think the line of thought is that you'd normally do it to access other FW/A rewards...but I think it's entirely fine to do on ordinary gear, if you so wish.

Tobnac
Topic Author

Re: A visit to the treasury?

Mon 26 Feb 2024, 16:19

Yes to all, apart from not being able to activate Rewards on ordinary gear (eg Keen on your bog-standard longsword). I can see where you're getting it from and it is RAW...but I think that this is not intended. There's little reason to allow it in FW/A but not ordinary gear. I think the line of thought is that you'd normally do it to access other FW/A rewards...but I think it's entirely fine to do on ordinary gear, if you so wish.
Great!
I suspected I was wrong concerning Rewards on ordinary gear.
Thank you for a fast concise answer.