Dusseault
Topic Author

Is Twilight 2K 4th edition still being supported?

Wed 21 Feb 2024, 17:47

The subject line says it all. I'm wondering if Free League is still supporting/printing/producing new products for Twilight 2000? And to be a bit more specific, I'm not speaking about the community supplements that have been released. I'm talking about official Free League-produced expansions.

From the looks of it, the community here on the forums, as well as the Twilight 2k reddits seem to be appear to be distressingly quiet. After having recently picked up this game, I'm finding it an absolutely incredibly done piece of design work, and I would think there would be a lot more people out there playing and talking about it. I'm a little worried for the future of this particular product line.

Fenhorn

Re: Is Twilight 2K 4th edition still being supported?

Wed 21 Feb 2024, 19:02

Hostile Waters and Black Madonna will be released soon.

These days people use tons of different social medias to talk about games, chats like discords are more popular than the "old school" forums.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

ExileInParadise

Thu 22 Feb 2024, 00:09

Looking forward to both! Thanks for the updates Fenhorn!
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

ckosacranoid

Fri 23 Feb 2024, 05:55

Also Check out the 4th group on Facebook also which a few posts every week.

Also a huge amount of stuff on the workshop on drivethurrpg.com.

Dusseault
Topic Author

Fri 23 Feb 2024, 15:04

Hostile Waters and Black Madonna will be released soon.

These days people use tons of different social medias to talk about games, chats like discords are more popular than the "old school" forums.
Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

I had so many problems with social media and the level of toxicity, I shut down every form of social media I had, and I now rely strictly on asking questions on official forums where things are moderated. So I greatly appreciate the info and you taking the time!

ArmedMedic

Tue 27 Feb 2024, 15:09

It will be great to have these new modules that were mentioned. I know Free League was/is cautious with promotion of T2K in light of Ukraine. I think a great move would be to release a new module in an American setting like Allegheny. Very far removed from Eastern Europe and reminding every one of the alternate history going on here. And the dangers of war/conflict. Give it a Red Dawn cover and sales will jump.

baldrick0712

Wed 06 Mar 2024, 13:36

Or an adventure/module set in the UK, which in alternate AD 2000 has succumbed to anarchy.

ArmedMedic

Sat 09 Mar 2024, 18:44

I like the sound of that. We could have a UK map on one side and an area of the USA on the other. Take things out of Eastern Europe and show some alternate history.

Oddball_E8

Mon 18 Mar 2024, 13:36

Let's be fair here guys... As far as we can tell right now, this is more or less a re-release of the previous editions. There won't be a lot of stuff that hasn't already been done in some way.

znt

Sat 30 Mar 2024, 22:33

Let's be fair here guys... As far as we can tell right now, this is more or less a re-release of the previous editions. There won't be a lot of stuff that hasn't already been done in some way.
I mean even if that is the case, the products have been really impressive. These boxsets are some of the best TTRPG content I have ever bought.