Hamish The PolarBear
Topic Author

Audio and artwork for VTT use

Sun 18 Feb 2024, 15:38

I notice that in the thanks sections of the core book there is mention of Creative Assembly. I presume this is in relation to their work on Alien: Isolation which is part of the Alien RPG canon.

Do Free League not have any access to the sound and/or music as part of their licence? Perhaps VTT support was not something of interest at the time but it would be great if the system and/or the additional modules had some official sounds and ambience.

On a similar note - what about the design style used for maps in the modules? I have all of the physical copies and the PDF version so it is not impossible to put a map into Foundry but being able to put together your own maps in the same style would be great. If not something included in the modules (which I think you can do, perhaps with the campaign book modules?) then perhaps somewhere like cartographyassets.com?

_ArthurDallas_

Re: Audio and artwork for VTT use

Mon 19 Feb 2024, 22:58

Hi Hamish,

I will not talk about VTT because I'm not using it but for the rest ...

I'm using the Alien Isolation soundtrack (you will find it on youtube) and it's enough for us with my group (it's taking charge of the ambiance).
I'm using audacity (sound editing) you can cut all sounds you want with it (from movies or game play), you have to learn to use it but it's not that complicated. It's a free software, really interesting to have. I can do magic with this.

Enjoy your games,
Arthur

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 20 Feb 2024, 00:15

You have some sounds here from Mentorian ...

here in this post : viewtopic.php?t=7584

Hamish The PolarBear
Topic Author

Tue 20 Feb 2024, 10:48

Thank you for you replies and links.

I realise that we can source the stuff from elsewhere and edit bits to suit, I just wondered if there were any official assets. I did think about digging through the game files to get the sounds. I also have the original soundtrack albums to drawn on too now that I think about it.

Thanks again :)

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 20 Feb 2024, 18:54

I read that Creative Assembly received crates and crates (from 20th Century Studio) of elements from the filming of Alien 1979 and Aliens including the sounds. The sounds ultimately still belong to 20th Century Studio (i.e. Disney). Free League's products are books but it might be a good idea to produce audio game aids including music and sound effects.

We'll see in the future.

Arthur.