Malleustein
Topic Author

Solovetsky Island Gear

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 09:34

How have (or how would) other referees handled gear for the player characters for The Lost Worlds campaign?

The vehicles aboard the Solovetsky Island are listed, but not any other equipment stored aboard. Nor does it suggest how to handle resupply and requisition from the Iyanla.

Presently, I've had my players buy starting equipment as normal, then given them their weekly pay for the hypersleep journey (averaging around $12,000w-y) which I will allow them to spend on major purchases.

But still, the Solovetsky Island must have basic survival and expedition supplies they can use on missions. What have (world, or will) any other referees stock the ship with?
"The point is, good deeds were done and we were nearby."

ExileInParadise

Re: Solovetsky Island Gear

Mon 25 Dec 2023, 14:51

Building Better Worlds, p153 lists the complement of vehicles carried in the vehicle bay.

It also describes:
The cargo hold is full of humanitarian essentials with spare parts and tools for any everyday problem.

The crew NPCs on p157-159 each list their specific gear as well.

I'd leave the choice of the gear up to the players at the moment for however they are trying to solve the problem.

Then - it comes down to picking representative gear from the lists (Core book, CMOM if you use it, and Building Better Worlds gear list in chapter 5).
So maybe cast an eye down the gear lists as you prep the expeditions and think about what might be useful on that one.

For fun you can always mess with the PCs by having gear that's supposed to be there be suspiciously absent when they go looking for it.
Empty crates? Stowed in the wrong place? A profiteering dockworker stole those? Or the hidden hand of Ozolinkski sabotaging the missions in various ways?
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 26 Dec 2023, 07:58

Excellent ... ExileInParadise ... excellent suggestions.

Arthur.

DeusXLondon

Mon 22 Jan 2024, 21:00

Building Better Worlds, p153 lists the complement of vehicles carried in the vehicle bay.

It also describes:
The cargo hold is full of humanitarian essentials with spare parts and tools for any everyday problem.

The crew NPCs on p157-159 each list their specific gear as well.

I'd leave the choice of the gear up to the players at the moment for however they are trying to solve the problem.

Then - it comes down to picking representative gear from the lists (Core book, CMOM if you use it, and Building Better Worlds gear list in chapter 5).
So maybe cast an eye down the gear lists as you prep the expeditions and think about what might be useful on that one.

For fun you can always mess with the PCs by having gear that's supposed to be there be suspiciously absent when they go looking for it.
Empty crates? Stowed in the wrong place? A profiteering dockworker stole those? Or the hidden hand of Ozolinkski sabotaging the missions in various ways?
Agreed, excellent.

I plan to vary the 2 ideas. So major items like vehicles will be sponsored, and probably covered in their sponsors logo's. The party will only have to pay out of their salaries things they don't use appropriately or return..."They can bill me!"

IMC the GMM mothership has an extensive accounting department :)

DX