Lehto
Topic Author

Re: NEWS FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT 23-12-14

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 20:24

Any news on this? I made an order the 27th of november, sent two emails none replied.
I know the distributor issues but why are they not replying the emails? just with a "we are aware about this, give us 1 week/1 month/etc to solve this issue would be great" or just a note on the newsletter but they are silent about this issue.
We had some technical errors that prevented a lot of messages/e-mails from reaching our support, without us knowing. Once we found out, we were way behind. We have put in a lot of extra hours to manage and try to get back on track. We're not there yet though.

I'm aware this has caused a lot of stress and trouble. It would be troublesome at any time of the year but we're also close to Christmas and many people are wondering about their gifts and if they will receive them in time. We're very sorry for the yet undelivered parcels, and working as hard as we can to handle the situation. We have additional agents in training, but unfortunately, they aren't ready to jump aboard just yet. The whole team is putting a lot of effort into this, we want to get back on track as soon as possible to give you the customer support you deserve, but we have some way to go before we're there.

You can always reach out to me directly by PM on the forum if in need of assistance. We also monitor the Facebook Messages daily (but we do receive a huge amount of spam there, so to be sure we don't miss your message, a PM here will be the safest way of getting hold of us). I will also ask one of my colleagues to join here. I will present him to you all once he's ready to help out here too.

Kind regards,
Daniel
Daniel
Customer support

Lehto
Topic Author

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 20:39

My colleague has registered a user now. His username is MashoudCS and you can send him a PM with support requests also. He's part of our trusted support team.
Daniel
Customer support

Sebbo

Fri 22 Dec 2023, 12:52

My colleague has registered a user now. His username is MashoudCS and you can send him a PM with support requests also. He's part of our trusted support team.
Mashoud is a fantastic support, he did a great job!

Lehto
Topic Author

Fri 22 Dec 2023, 13:13

Happy to hear that. I will let him know! :-)
Daniel
Customer support

Sebbo

Fri 22 Dec 2023, 13:56

Happy to hear that. I will let him know! :-)
You as well, Daniel!

Machete_Matt

Thu 28 Dec 2023, 02:38

I fear that as 30 days have passed since Black Friday sales, at least many folks who ordered from the U.S., like I, will cancel their orders / do a chargeback on their credit cards.

At least in part this is because Free League has not sent out information on the situation except if specifically contacted about a particular order. I would guess because they do not know themselves what Whalebacker has sent out and what they have not. Otherwise why not let everyone know what the situation is and how long to expect to wait? E.g., is my stuff in a shipment expected to get to the distributor by mid-January?

The U.S. Federal Trade Commission monitors a 30-Day shipping rule. It means that if the product does not ship in 30 days after payment, the seller should inform the buyer and/or provide a full refund. Failure to do so can result in U.S-size fines ($50k per incident) or a prohibition from selling mail order in the U.S. at all.

https://www.findlaw.com/smallbusiness/b ... ising.html

Personally, I am OK to keep waiting and do not want a refund. And I know the Free League customer service is working as hard as they can and doing the best they can. But they may need to try to get more proactive, even with limited info, rather than expecting people to find this forum or to email them.

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 28 Dec 2023, 17:23

I fear that as 30 days have passed since Black Friday sales, at least many folks who ordered from the U.S., like I, will cancel their orders / do a chargeback on their credit cards.

At least in part this is because Free League has not sent out information on the situation except if specifically contacted about a particular order. I would guess because they do not know themselves what Whalebacker has sent out and what they have not. Otherwise why not let everyone know what the situation is and how long to expect to wait? E.g., is my stuff in a shipment expected to get to the distributor by mid-January?

The U.S. Federal Trade Commission monitors a 30-Day shipping rule. It means that if the product does not ship in 30 days after payment, the seller should inform the buyer and/or provide a full refund. Failure to do so can result in U.S-size fines ($50k per incident) or a prohibition from selling mail order in the U.S. at all.

https://www.findlaw.com/smallbusiness/b ... ising.html

Personally, I am OK to keep waiting and do not want a refund. And I know the Free League customer service is working as hard as they can and doing the best they can. But they may need to try to get more proactive, even with limited info, rather than expecting people to find this forum or to email them.
Hello,

We are very sorry about this. It seems Whalebacker, our US fulfillment partner, has built up a large backlog of orders without informing us. This is very serious and are talking to them right now about how to resolve the situation.
On our end, we don't have access to information showing which orders have been kept waiting for a specific length of time - all we can do is inquire with Whalebacker about specific orders. That's why we have not proactively contacted customers who have been kept waiting - we simply don't have access to that information. That said, we are of course offering full refunds of any order kept waiting - just contact us at support@frialigan.se and we will cancel the order and issue the refund as quickly as possible.
In the longer term, we are making it very clear to Whalebacker that we cannot continue our partnership with them if they don't give us very solid reassurances that this will not happen again.
/Tomas, CEO and co-founder
Fria Ligan

MidnightBlue

Thu 28 Dec 2023, 17:32

Thanks for the update and sorry this is happening.

I'm very anxious for my two orders, but I'm definitely willing to wait until this is sorted out.

Love your products!

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:42

Thanks for the update and sorry this is happening.

I'm very anxious for my two orders, but I'm definitely willing to wait until this is sorted out.

Love your products!
Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:55

So, here is the latest news from Whalebacker:

"There are 115 orders still to pack. Of those, 54 can't go until we get the one ring books. We will acquire these and get them all out by end of day tomorrow.
There are no orders older than a few days left to ship."

The missing The One Ring books are being transferred from another US warehouse nearby.

So, if you're in the US or Canada and have been waiting for your order, it should arrive very soon! If you don't hear anything within the next few days (early next week), please contact support@frialigan.se. The support team have a bit of a backlog to clear, but they are working hard at clearing it.
Fria Ligan