Lehto
Topic Author

NEWS FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT 23-12-14

Thu 14 Dec 2023, 13:13

Hi all,
I am aware we have some issues and are behind schedule. We had some technical difficulties that were recently discovered. We have since taken action to handle this, but it has left us with a huge backlog. The whole support team is working hard to rectify this, and even doing extra hours, so bear with us. We will manage to get back on track and are currently training additional agents to join the team. To get back on track and help you all is our top priority.

Kind regards,
The Support Team
Daniel
Customer support

MidnightBlue

Re: NEWS FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT 23-12-14

Fri 15 Dec 2023, 12:04

Thanks for the update...waiting patiently, but excitedly!

:D

The Rebel GM

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 17:26

Thanks for the update here Daniel, what exactly is the issue and how has it impacted you? My partner is awaiting an order placed in November which is supposed to be a Christmas present.

Operations

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 18:28

Thanks for the update here Daniel, what exactly is the issue and how has it impacted you? My partner is awaiting an order placed in November which is supposed to be a Christmas present.
The problem seems to be that after Funagain went out of business in the States, they had gone with Flat River group, which was actually good at their job. I got everything I ordered in the mid year (The One Ring starter, Vaesen GM Screen, Coriolis GM Screen) in a timely manner and safely packed.

However, for reasons unknown, they have changed in the fall to Whalebacker, a new company that seems to have shit the bed all over the process, as well as not really handling and packing product well. I still have not gotten my Black Friday order (Nov 24th) but HAVE gotten a minor dented cover of the Building Better Worlds pre-order, that was not supposed to ship till January for the official street date.

The Whalebacker warehouse is only about an hour drive from me. I would just go there with my receipt and ID and pick it up myself, if I didn't suspect that like Funagain had done in the past, they let Free League sell stock _they in fact did not have_ and parts of the delay is sorting out what orders they can fill now and who gets screwed waiting on new stock from the printers.

The Rebel GM

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 19:05

So that's the update from the US side of things, I am based in the UK.

Operations

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 20:22

So that's the update from the US side of things, I am based in the UK.
Ah, sorry then, no idea why your order is messed up then. Whalebacker only does US and Canada.

Sebbo

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 23:27

Thanks for your post, from what i could deduct from the posts on the board is that the shipping problem effects all orders. The mod of this forum posted some time ago that there we're three distribution centers: one in the US, one in the UK and one in Germany. This is not a regional situation.

The whole orders seem to be delayed.

Escher

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 23:47

The Whalebacker warehouse is only about an hour drive from me. I would just go there with my receipt and ID and pick it up myself, if I didn't suspect that like Funagain had done in the past, they let Free League sell stock _they in fact did not have_ and parts of the delay is sorting out what orders they can fill now and who gets screwed waiting on new stock from the printers.

I bolded the relevant part. The little information I have seems to align with this: someone else posted in my thread that they were told the hold up on their identical order was the lack of printed maps, I myself have gotten other Free League orders from Black Friday without trouble despite my original order being six weeks late now, and repeated promises to have my order expedited hasn't resulted in a shipping alert. For whatever reason they don't seem inclined to acknowledge this and would rather you wait than work something out. My email inquiring into splitting up the order so that I could actually receive something was never responded to.

Free League shouldn't be dragged across the hot coals for the actions of their distributor during a holiday season, I get that, but if there's a problem that'll result in no shipments of certain things for weeks to months, for heaven's sake, let us know.

Karehb

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 11:19

Any news on this? I made an order the 27th of november, sent two emails none replied.
I know the distributor issues but why are they not replying the emails? just with a "we are aware about this, give us 1 week/1 month/etc to solve this issue would be great" or just a note on the newsletter but they are silent about this issue.

Sebbo

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 12:15

Any news on this? I made an order the 27th of november, sent two emails none replied.
I know the distributor issues but why are they not replying the emails? just with a "we are aware about this, give us 1 week/1 month/etc to solve this issue would be great" or just a note on the newsletter but they are silent about this issue.
You could try to PM Daniel (Lehto) and ask about your order