wmarshal
Topic Author

Would BBW campaign ending change how humanity perceives xenomorphs and intelligent aliens?

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 20:14

Assuming the PCs are successful in defeating the Perfected without having to destroy the colony fleet, it seems there would be too many witnesses and existing evidence for the powers that be to continue the charade that the xenomorphs and hostile Perfected are a myth and/or ravings of the insane.

How do you see this changing the setting? The scenarios and campaigns seem to be published in chronological order, so I suspect the upcoming Space Trucker supplement (please tell me this is still going to come out!) ought to include some nods to what occurs in BBW. Or at least options depending on the success or failure of BBW.

If news from the BBW campaign made it back to the core I’d expect much stronger enforcement of rules dealing with quarantines and smuggling. I’d also expect the competition between the megacorp to increase as they accelerate their efforts to exploit extraterrestrial territory.

Could a Space Trucker campaign be set in setting up the new routes between the core and the rediscovered colonies? Independent haulers trying to establish themselves on these new routes?

_ArthurDallas_

Re: Would BBW campaign ending change how humanity perceives xenomorphs and intelligent aliens?

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 20:58

hey Wmarshal,

First answer, I think that everything will depend on communications between the 2 quadrants (spinward and middle heavens). I'm going to suggest that WY will try to block all news coming from there.

I'm pretty sure we're going to have a Space Trucker Book and they're going to pick up their story based on the BBW elements and the new cinematics that are going to come out in the meantime.

I am of the same opinion that the Space Trucker Book will deal with travel in this new unexplored territory (the spinward quadrant of the BBW book). the ships will be left to their own in these hostile territories. There will indeed be a competition between the megacorps and the nations (3WEmpire + United Americas + UPP).

I'm sure the Space Trucker Book will be installed in the spinward quadrant. And that new trade routes will be formed and ships will want to be profitable on these routes....

DeusXLondon

Re: Would BBW campaign ending change how humanity perceives xenomorphs and intelligent aliens?

Wed 24 Jan 2024, 00:35

Couldn't agree more, Arthur.

I started my BBW campaign last night, and the thing I kept repeating to my players was: FTL travel, not FTL communication.
That puts us into Expanse territory not Star Wars/Trek etc...
So they got it, and said hmmmm, so media management is a key skill set. :>

DX