wmarshal
Topic Author

Better Fulfremmen Description Somewhere?

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 07:35

I just got Building Better Worlds today. One thing I’m frustrated by is that I have little idea what the Fulfremmen look like. Maybe I missed the illustration or more detailed description. All I currently know is that they’re humanoid, have claws and barbed tongues. That could range from anything like gremlins to giant green skinned orcs to yeti practically speaking. Can anyone point me to a more specific description? For all the work out into the books they seem to skimp on the art for the new critters introduced aside from xenomorph variations.

Angelman

Re: Better Fulfremmen Description Somewhere?

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 10:29

Hey, wmarshal!

The Fulfremmen/Perfected were detailed in Heart of Darkness, and there's a blurry image in that. The Fulfremmen are like biomechanical, angelic-yet-terrible human(oids); they evolve from humans, through Abomination mutation, into the final perfected half-machine/half-human/all-monster stage of the 26 Draconis process. But basically, although they couldn't say that for (I assume) copyright reasons, the Fulfremmen are the sexy biomechanical women (mostly) from H. R. Giger's terrifying artwork; google up "H. R. Giger Li" and you'll see a version of them.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

wmarshal
Topic Author

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 14:30

@Angelman Thanks. So after going through the disfiguring stages of abomination their final form reverts back to something more human looking with very pale skin and short thick tentacles where their hair would have been. Is that a decent verbal summation?

ExileInParadise

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 15:44

Yes - a mix of human and mechanical ...

You can also look at H.R. Giger's designs for Sil from the Species movies ...
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Angelman

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 15:53

@Angelman Thanks. So after going through the disfiguring stages of abomination their final form reverts back to something more human looking with very pale skin and short thick tentacles where their hair would have been. Is that a decent verbal summation?
Yeah, I think that's a good approximation. Although, The Heart of Darkness doesn't really spell it out, and I get the feeling that the Fulfremmen are all different and unique. But I always imagine Giger art for these guys, and I tend to use Giger pictures to illustrate them. My players love it and their minds are thoroughly blown by now :)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 12 Dec 2023, 16:22

Be careful, wmarshal, fulfremmen or Perfected are not the last stage of an abomination. That's not what Angelman said. The mission on LV-1113 in the 26 Draconis system, the last crew members left (from the USCSS Cronus) on the planet went into a planetary explosion and a black hole to finally merge into FulFremmen (along with all the organic matter present and mechanical) and created this new breed of advanced xenomorph. They are unique.

I see them as specters and ghosts but solid. They do not walk but float a few heights from the ground. This is my personal interpretation.

H.R. Giger was very inspired by this young lady, Li Tobler, here: https://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/ ... obler.html

The Fulfremmen, They are the goddesses of beauty of the universe of H.R. Giger....

DeusXLondon

Wed 13 Dec 2023, 02:03

Wow, great timing on this discussion, I'm running HoD and needed a better description.

Thanks all!
DX