Arktosaur

Re: FedEx Scamming

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 22:39

the problem is FEDEX not FREE LEAGUE.
checks all your orders guys. I'm canadian and I paid 20$ for customs for BBW book and it's ok.
Free League declares the value of the shipment, which is what Fedex uses to calculate duties. If Free League makes an error, Fedex can only run with that. In my case, it was very clearly Free League who set the declared value incorrectly. It is a good idea to check the orders and the shipping manifest, of course, and I'm glad your experience went well.

KilJhard
Topic Author

Tue 19 Dec 2023, 00:21

So, I still have not heard from Free League about this but definitely heard back from FedEx and they refuse to do anything, and pretty much ignored everything I said. But they did provide a copy from the Distributor in the US (printers) and it shows that they noted the $35 book to be worth $278USD. So this is definitely soemthing Free League has to deal with and yet I have not heard from them about it.

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 19 Dec 2023, 18:00

I still think that FEDEX is the problem. I'm sure if you say to FREE LEAGUE that the book cost is $35 and they wrote $278 (in US instead of swedish dollar) they will change it and then you will get a re-fund from Fedex with this purchase-proof. Have you asked for a purchase-proof from FREE LEAGUE?

I don't understand if you show the real price to FEDEX (with purchase-proof or FREE LEAGUE web-site), they are not able to see what is the problem. FEDEX are not my friends anymore.

Hope everyone clear things up for Christmas.

Arthur.

KilJhard
Topic Author

Tue 19 Dec 2023, 19:26

FedEx sent me a copy of the order from the distributor stating it's worth $278 so FedEx/customs goes off of that. I did send all the info from my order to FedEx in the original email to them showing the cost in SEK along with it being converted.

I've been trying to reach Free League through email and now FB since Dec 5th and they are not responding at all.

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 19 Dec 2023, 20:07

Have you tried this https://freeleaguepublishing.com/customer-support/

I'm so sorry for you.
Hope you clear things up soon.

Arthur.

KilJhard
Topic Author

Wed 20 Dec 2023, 01:07

Yup. Thats where I originally messaged them at the beginning of the month. :(

KilJhard
Topic Author

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 03:59

Unfortunately, it is most likely a mistake made by Free League (or whomever is responsible for its distribution to North America), as the situation is now. Free League should absolutely be emailed. For a matter of days, they were able to resolve the issue for me, despite the fact that it was both bothersome and aggravating.
They HAVE been emailed, nearly a month ago now. I messaged them again this week with their submission form AND on Facebook messenger which I just checked and who ever runs it has read my messages! This is so infuriating.

_ArthurDallas_

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 21:35

Did you pay for the transaction 278$ US or you did refuse the FEDEX box ?
Can we refuse a FEDEX box at the door in those situation, I was wondering.

Arthur.

KilJhard
Topic Author

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 22:00

Did you pay for the transaction 278$ US or you did refuse the FEDEX box ?
Can we refuse a FEDEX box at the door in those situation, I was wondering.

Arthur.
Neither. They delivered the book and then 3 weeks later I got a bill from FedEx in the mail.

_ArthurDallas_

Fri 26 Jan 2024, 20:23

I don't know if this will help but FREE LEAGUE had a few (days or weeks ago) a technical issue with emails and messages ... here the message I have received, maybe now you will get some news now ....

Message from FREE LEAGUE I have received ....

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. We are behind schedule at the moment, as a technical issue kept a lot of e-mails and messages from reaching us. When we discovered that, it had created a huge backlog of tickets to see to. We have been putting in extra hours since then to manage as soon as possible and have also hired more staff to help out, but we still have some way to go before we get back on track. Stay tuned, we will get back to you as soon as we can!

• If you contact us regarding an address change, please include your order number and new shipping address in the e-mail.

• If you have a shipping question, please include the order number and name of the recipient in your e-mail.

• If you have a question regarding a Kickstarter, please include which Kickstarter you are making your inquiry about.

Best regards,
The Customer Support Team
Free League Publishing