prongbuck

Re: FedEx Scamming

Sat 17 Feb 2024, 22:33

Similar thing just happened to me. I received my order for the Dragonbane hardcover rulebook and monster bundle. I paid approximately $33 CAD for shipping, and it came from the US/CAN warehouse. The order was delivered and 2 weeks later I get a letter from Fedex that I owe them $57. In my case it looks like the messed up part of the invoice is the freight. The book values are listed in USD and look to be converted properly from SEK but the freight is listed as 279USD which has not been converted, the shipping cost on my invoice from Free League is 279 kr. I've contacted Free League but I don't expect I'll get any help.

I get there are import fees and duty but many of the places I order from include the fees in their shipping cost and I don't think its unreasonable to assume, as I did, that I wouldn't owe any extra fees considering the warehouse is listed as US/CAN and no mention of import duties during the checkout process.

Free League needs to clarify at checkout that duty is extra and provide options for shipping because Fed Ex is the absolute worst. Or at least change the warehouse to just say US.

The value of goods for my order is about $130 CAD plus an additional $90 CAD for shipping and duty. I would never have ordered this had I known what the extra costs were going to be. Free League doesn't even offer more than 1 option for shipping, just Fed Ex. Come on Free League, include all the costs for shipping so customers can get a true picture of the costs and judge properly before they order.

I guess that's what I get for thinking I would support Free League by preordering directly from them.

Fenhorn

Re: FedEx Scamming

Sat 17 Feb 2024, 23:12

Moderator Action: Moved this thread to a more fitting place.

Also, if anyone wants help from support regarding things like this, you should email support@frialigan.se. They do visit here from time to time, but emailing them is usually faster.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore