AugustoSantana
Topic Author

Stress giving negative modifiers

Sat 28 Oct 2023, 19:59

Hi.

I've playing Coriolis for some time, and in the game I'm in the GM give -1 dice per mind points lost. I've picked the book to read it just a while ago and didn't find a mention of this, but he say is an actual rule. At best is in the difficulty part, that says the GM can take or give dice depending of the circumstances.

Did I miss something? Is this rule in the other books?

I don't mind if is homebrew or an interpretation of the rules, just want to know if is the system or not.

psullie

Re: Stress giving negative modifiers

Sun 29 Oct 2023, 18:05

Not a rule I've come across, though it does sound interesting.

Anung

Mon 30 Oct 2023, 15:37

Same, its not a rule ive read or can recollect, but its interesting. Though it can be very punishing after a while.

Loconius

Thu 15 Feb 2024, 03:23

That’s not as written, but is a good way to bring back how stress in mutant year zero works since damage comes off the mental attribute directly.

I have personally thought about using mutant year zero’s damage method in place of coriolis, but rule that players aren’t broken until both attributes are reduced to zero (to model how much damage a PC can take in coriolis). This was supposed to be for a Traveller like game I was planning so it’s more gritty the coriolis. I also wanted to create a life path system for it, in vain of Traveller as well lol