leaddolphin
Topic Author

Level 3 canonical magic users

Sat 28 Oct 2023, 01:55

Hey all,

Based on the Raven's Purge campaign, this is my understanding of which NPCs are guaranteed to be potential level 3 teachers of magic talents:

Druids:
  • Path of Healing: Keldra the Deserving in Pelagia, Rain and Soul in Pelagia
  • Path of Shifting Shapes: Merigall, Virelda Bloodbeak, Tarna in Haggler’s House, Merigolene in Eye of the Rose
  • Path of Sight: Virelda Bloodbeak, Kalman Rodenfell, Kritre the Caller of Pelagia
Sorcerers:
  • Path of Blood: Zytera, Merigall, Kartorda, Ravil of Pelagia
  • Path of Death: Zytera, Merigall, Kartorda, Corpse herder Brenziga of Zytera’s Mogarium
  • Path of Signs: Merigall
  • Path of Stone: ???
The answer to "who do PCs seek out if they want to learn level 3 of the path of stone" is probably "genuinely any high-ranking dwarf", but I wanted to check whether I'd missed anything out.

"There's this other good campaign that you could combine with Raven's Purge" is also an acceptable answer.

Dizzyfugu

Re: Level 3 canonical magic users

Sat 28 Oct 2023, 10:07

IIRC, Kritre at Pelagia is able to cast Awareness 3. but wanting him as a teacher (even if he would agree to) is another thing... ;-)

Wed 08 Nov 2023, 12:56

[*] Path of Stone: ???
Thanks for the awesome list!

To my understanding, after scraping the books on stone singing specifically, the only dwarves that fit your criteria are the Balderranic stone singers. These may even be the only ones who know Path of Stone at all in Ravenland.

(Sidenote: I think Path of Stone should be Druidic instead, or its own. And, that Necromancy should be druidic - minus the raising dead and terrible things, spells that should become a new Sorcery school for Necrokenesis. Fits the lore better.)

Dizzyfugu

Wed 08 Nov 2023, 13:31

(Sidenote: I think Path of Stone should be Druidic instead, or its own. And, that Necromancy should be druidic - minus the raising dead and terrible things, spells that should become a new Sorcery school for Necrokenesis. Fits the lore better.)
Yeah, I wondered about that, too, esp. after Song of Magma is available for both Druids and Sorcerers. Also agree about Necromancy - the separation from the related druidic spells feels a bit odd, but I guess it was done to allow GMs to create appropriate NPCs.