moofrank

Re: Official Errata Rules Book

Wed 08 Nov 2023, 02:48

Are these being updated in the Foundry Core Rules module?

Roger Eberhart

Thu 09 Nov 2023, 19:57

I believe this is a normal Evade, so you would need a free action. Tomas, can you chime in on this?
Page 43: Clarifies that a monster that gets a free attack performs a monster attack

So... does this this attack require an attack roll or do monster attacks hit automatically on these free attacks?
Monster attacks always hit automatically. But remember, you get an EVADE roll to avoid triggering the free attack.
That's right. If memory serves, that evade (in this case) is not an action

zcthu3

Thu 09 Nov 2023, 20:13

I believe this is a normal Evade, so you would need a free action. Tomas, can you chime in on this?

Monster attacks always hit automatically. But remember, you get an EVADE roll to avoid triggering the free attack.
Sort of. When you move away from an enemy, the moving character makes a free EVADE. If they fail, the enemy gets a free attack that can be “neither parried or dodged” (p. 43). Monster attacks can also affect other PCs - who personally I would allow to use an EVADE action (I.e. it’s only the moving character who can’t parry or dodge as they triggered it, but that doesn’t appear to be RAW.

Roger Eberhart

Fri 10 Nov 2023, 02:00

Ah....gotcha....My mistake. I missed the point that was solely related to attacks triggered by moves. So those would be free Evades, but a normal monster attack, on the monsters turn, would be a regular Evade (ie. you'd need a free action to perform it).

Sort of. When you move away from an enemy, the moving character makes a free EVADE. If they fail, the enemy gets a free attack that can be “neither parried or dodged” (p. 43). Monster attacks can also affect other PCs - who personally I would allow to use an EVADE action (I.e. it’s only the moving character who can’t parry or dodge as they triggered it, but that doesn’t appear to be RAW.

manata

Fri 24 Nov 2023, 06:04

The 3rd item in the 5-6 roll for Hunter gear says "traps". Is this in reference to the "Bear Trap" in the Hunting & Fishing section on page 81? Odd that they're named differently, and that there is no indication of how many the newly created Hunter should receive. Edit: both traps and snare are listed in this roll. Edit 2: I found the answer in the post titled "The real complete list of changes in Standalone Rulebook v2 vs Boxed Rulebook v1" where it says "Hunter gear Traps removed".
Last edited by manata on Fri 24 Nov 2023, 06:53, edited 2 times in total.

manata

Fri 24 Nov 2023, 06:08

The 1-2 roll for Scholar gear on page 22 lists "quill". I presume they get Ink as well, as "Quill & Ink" are purchased together in the Studies & Magic section on page 77. Odd that the newly created Scholar wouldn't get some ink to go along with that fancy quill (unless they're a Mallard, in which case...perhaps they have a nearly unlimited supply available!).

manata

Fri 24 Nov 2023, 06:14

The 5-6 roll for Scholar gear on page 22 lists "bandages". I presume they get the full lot of 10 bandages as listed in the Medicine section on page 79. Odd that the poison, for example, explicitly states the # while bandages don't.

caseabiding

Tue 28 Nov 2023, 10:37

the latest updates seems to fix most of my troubles indeed
mario games

d(sqrt(-1))

Sun 14 Jan 2024, 13:54

I'm still confused by the revised Harpy Flock. the original wording seemed clear in that Ferocity = Number of Harpies.

Ferocity:1
Flock: Harpies fight together, and their monster attacks are performed by several harpies as a group. These attacks still only use up the turn in the round for one harpy. Once half the flock has been killed, the rest will flee.

The only reading I can make from this that makes sense is that the Harpies get 1 initiative card (Ferocity 1). So they will all go on that Ferocity, one after the other?

e.g. 3 Harpies, they draw a 6 for initiative. On initiative 6 they will make 3 attacks, 1/harpy. Each attack is rolled for on the Harpy table as usual.

If this is the case, as the attacks each use up an attack for 1 harpy, can they make the same attack successively?

Short Fey

Sun 14 Jan 2024, 14:14

I'm still confused by the revised Harpy Flock. the original wording seemed clear in that Ferocity = Number of Harpies.

Ferocity:1
Flock: Harpies fight together, and their monster attacks are performed by several harpies as a group. These attacks still only use up the turn in the round for one harpy. Once half the flock has been killed, the rest will flee.

The only reading I can make from this that makes sense is that the Harpies get 1 initiative card (Ferocity 1). So they will all go on that Ferocity, one after the other?

e.g. 3 Harpies, they draw a 6 for initiative. On initiative 6 they will make 3 attacks, 1/harpy. Each attack is rolled for on the Harpy table as usual.

If this is the case, as the attacks each use up an attack for 1 harpy, can they make the same attack successively?
The idea with Harpy's is that narratively, their attacks have them working together as a flock, kinda like a Swarm of Vampire Bats. But unlike a Swarm of Vampire bats, the amount of ferocity cards they draw is dependent on the amount of harpies that are present. As noted on Ferocity on page 83:
"At the start of each round, the GM draws one initiative card for each point of Ferocity. The monster gets one turn per card, with one action and one movement on each turn."

And under Monster Attacks (same page):
"Performing a monster attack counts as an action."

So if you have 3 harpies, they draw three initiative cards. On each of their turns, they can do ONE attack.
Beware the fey!