Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Re: Kickstarter for Moria -- The Long Dark

Tue 29 Aug 2023, 21:27

The delay may be due to Kicksarter having a maintenance scheduled at the same time.
Maybe, but that seems to be several hours away at this time (and should only take around 15 minutes).
#FideltyToTolkien

Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Wed 30 Aug 2023, 03:04

The kickstarter for Moria -- Through the Doors of Durin is delayed by 24 hours. It will now launch on Wednesday, August 30 at 3 pm CEST (9 am Eastern 6 am Pacific).

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FreeLeaguePubl ... JjCVheYCgl
#FideltyToTolkien

Byrax

Wed 30 Aug 2023, 09:20

Good news!

Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Wed 30 Aug 2023, 16:21

#FideltyToTolkien

Redcoat

Thu 31 Aug 2023, 00:29

I was hoping they would release a book for both rule sets at the same time so I really like the way they have done this. I have the TOR core rules but I want to focus on the 5e supplements so now I don't feel like I have to wait longer for them.

It looks like it is going to be the best RPG treatment of Moria to date so this is great news. I have always wondered about how they are going to treat Balin's mission to reclaim Moria, especially since he is a patron. There is a fantastic opportunity for some tragic heroism.

finarvyn

Tue 12 Sep 2023, 21:54

For those on the fence, there is also an add-on for a couple of the cloth maps. IN addition to the Moria map, one can add on one for the Shire and another of the Eriador continent. Should be nice maps! :)
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Wed 13 Sep 2023, 04:57

For those on the fence, there is also an add-on for a couple of the cloth maps. IN addition to the Moria map, one can add on one for the Shire and another of the Eriador continent. Should be nice maps! :)
Also, The One Ring Core Rules Collector's Edition has been listed as a last-minute add-on (while the extremely limited supplies last).
#FideltyToTolkien

Robin Smallburrow

Mon 18 Sep 2023, 11:41

Hello Otaku! I think we spoke (briefly) during a TORN Tuesday show a few weeks back - yes I'm still here although my spare time is limited - what spare time I have I am currently reworking a Moria Adventure I wrote a long time ago for the Decipher game for TOR & LOTRRP, and working on an Expanded Journey Events, as I feel what's missing are more Journey Events for the hard pressed LM!

As I don't have Ruins of the Lost Realm in the 5e version (some of us are poor!), I have to 'rework' the events from the TOR Ruins. But I also prefer how AiME did these (as I think I mentioned in the General Forum a while back). I'm assuming that later official publications will have 'tailored' events for particular regions? I sure hope that Moria will have these??

Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Mon 18 Sep 2023, 15:11

Hello Otaku! I think we spoke (briefly) during a TORN Tuesday show a few weeks back - yes I'm still here although my spare time is limited - what spare time I have I am currently reworking a Moria Adventure I wrote a long time ago for the Decipher game for TOR & LOTRRP, and working on an Expanded Journey Events, as I feel what's missing are more Journey Events for the hard pressed LM!

As I don't have Ruins of the Lost Realm in the 5e version (some of us are poor!), I have to 'rework' the events from the TOR Ruins. But I also prefer how AiME did these (as I think I mentioned in the General Forum a while back). I'm assuming that later official publications will have 'tailored' events for particular regions? I sure hope that Moria will have these??
I'm sure that we did converse in the chat since I'm pretty active in the TORn Tuesdays chat (though we are often having dinner when the stream starts). I assume that you are working on a homebrew adapted from the Decipher rules, right?
#FideltyToTolkien

Otaku-sempai
Topic Author

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 15:18

Late Pledge Open for the Moria™ Expansion for The One Ring™ RPG
The highly anticipated campaign module was funded in only 4 minutes and unlocked 19 stretch goals during the Kickstarter. All backers, even late ones, will get early access to the PDF versions of the Moria™ – Through the Doors of Durin or Moria™ – Shadow of Khazad-dûm 5E ahead of the official release. Beyond the shadow it waits for you still…
#FideltyToTolkien