Odbardaw

Re: MORIA news

Fri 01 Sep 2023, 08:41

IIRC there are plans to do Lothlorien next.

Otaku-sempai

Fri 01 Sep 2023, 15:11

IIRC there are plans to do Lothlorien next.
I don't recall seeing that confirmed, so excuse me if I take that with a grain of salt. Gondor (and Minas Tirith) was being developed by Cubicle 7 before they lost the license so I won't be surprised if we see that before too long.
#FideltyToTolkien

Dunheved
Topic Author

Fri 01 Sep 2023, 18:19

I sincerely hope that you are correct O-S.
Gondor would be great. (I would have preferred it to Moria even)

Harlath

Fri 01 Sep 2023, 20:30

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads ... t-24924858

Sorry for no copy/paste, on mobile. Some commentary from the designer in the potential for Lorien.

Otaku-sempai

Fri 01 Sep 2023, 21:20

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads ... t-24924858

Sorry for no copy/paste, on mobile. Some commentary from the designer in the potential for Lorien.
So, this:
The original plan was for three RPG releases set 50 years apart in Rhovanion, Eriador and Gondor. We have roughly followed that path, even with the change of publisher and edition.

My expectation is that with Moria down, focus will turn toward Gondor and Mordor next. We may possibly get a Lothlorien book before then but I think that may be a stretch. I had kind of hoped Lothlorien would be tucked into the Moria book TBH.
A bit tentative, but good enough for now. Thanx!
#FideltyToTolkien

Harlath

Fri 01 Sep 2023, 21:25

Well, the designer post is this response from Francesco: “Maybe not that much of a stretch“.

Dunheved
Topic Author

Sat 02 Sep 2023, 10:37

Well, that seems good news. I am OK with a quick Lothlorien book - I'm OK with all TOR stuff tbh - as a staging post to Gondor.

Minas Tirith in 2026?

gyrovague

Sun 03 Sep 2023, 16:34

I have to admit I'm always puzzled by the interest in Gondor. What makes Middle-earth most appealing to me is the sense of small towns and villages separated by tracts of dangerous wilds and strewn with the ruins and relics of ancient history.

Bustling cities and verdant farmlands and an organized military? Not so much.

Sebastian

Sun 03 Sep 2023, 18:27

I‘m interested in Gondor, because it was never really described im detail for an RPG set in the late Third Age. There is sooo much potential here, aside from Minas Tirith and the war. Anfalas is large. The population looks back on a 3000 year history. There is so much lore to be found, not just in ruins and tombs, but in cities and libraries and ancient lines of families, that go back to Numenor.

I‘d love to see Gondor!

Otaku-sempai

Sun 03 Sep 2023, 20:00

I have to admit I'm always puzzled by the interest in Gondor. What makes Middle-earth most appealing to me is the sense of small towns and villages separated by tracts of dangerous wilds and strewn with the ruins and relics of ancient history.

Bustling cities and verdant farmlands and an organized military? Not so much.
Because Gondor is relatively civilized it is a terrific location for adventures/campaigns that focus more on intrigues and plots. Plus, it would have its own share of smaller towns and villages that are not detailed on the standard maps of Middle-earth. Gondor also borders Mordor and it has its own wild coast in the form of the Cape of Andrast (possibly home to more of the Drúedain, kin of the Woses dwelling in the Druadan Forst). The White Mountains are as well largely unexplored by most games and have their own potential for adventure. The same can be said of the border region of Harondor where the Harad Road provides a doorway to the South. There is also the addition of new Sanctuaries and Patrons in Minas Tirith, Pelargir (traders, pirates and spies, oh my!), Dol Amroth, etc.

Plus, a detailed, expanded map of Gondor would look great on my wall!
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Mon 04 Sep 2023, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.
#FideltyToTolkien