Otaku-sempai

Re: MORIA news

Fri 08 Sep 2023, 16:42

The Dwarves of Nogrod & Belegost should be unlocked before the end of the day! Now what final stretch goal(s) might we see? An index of Magical Treasures of Moria?
I think that's already included in Stretch Goal 11 :-)
Yes, of course. Thanks. But I see that new goals have been posted!
#FideltyToTolkien

Hornbach

Fri 08 Sep 2023, 17:02

Including more cloth maps! Eriador and Shire

Bertie Wooster

Fri 08 Sep 2023, 21:23

Including more cloth maps! Eriador and Shire
Unlimited Eriador and Shire maps :D

Timdalf

Thu 14 Sep 2023, 21:30

I wonder if those who are cool on a Gondor expansion might not be influenced somewhat by another mistake the PJ films made: No Beregond and Bergil!!! What made the assault on Helm's Deep so tense and agonizing were the presence of the refugee characters Mother Morwen and her two children Eothain and Freda... their sub-story made the fate of all the Rohirrim in the Deep much more involving. And they weren't even canon! But had Beregond and Bergil from the book been given a similar few moments we would have had the effect of the siege made much more graphic and vivid... Who cares if the film had an extra 10-15 minutes! The gain in caring for the ordinary Gondorians would have been worth it.

Otaku-sempai

Thu 14 Sep 2023, 22:57

I wonder if those who are cool on a Gondor expansion might not be influenced somewhat by another mistake the PJ films made: No Beregond and Bergil!!! What made the assault on Helm's Deep so tense and agonizing were the presence of the refugee characters Mother Morwen and her two children Eothain and Freda... their sub-story made the fate of all the Rohirrim in the Deep much more involving. And they weren't even canon! But had Beregond and Bergil from the book been given a similar few moments we would have had the effect of the siege made much more graphic and vivid... Who cares if the film had an extra 10-15 minutes! The gain in caring for the ordinary Gondorians would have been worth it.
Also cut from the adaptation: Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth! And the attack on Pelargir followed by Aragorn recruiting reinforcements from the Fiefs.. Both would have added a lot to giving Gondor a proper sense of scale.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Fri 15 Sep 2023, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
#FideltyToTolkien

gyrovague

Fri 15 Sep 2023, 05:40

File me under "Cool on Gondor as the next expansion, and actively trying to erase all memories of those abominable films."

So, no. No correlation there. At least with me.

Odbardaw

Fri 15 Sep 2023, 16:48

It's been years since I was so happy receiving an information that my credit card has been charged with 2792 SEK!

Linklite

Fri 15 Sep 2023, 16:57

It's been years since I was so happy receiving an information that my credit card has been charged with 2792 SEK!
What did you buy? I was charged less than 2k and I got the CE and two maps.

Odbardaw

Fri 22 Sep 2023, 12:12

What did you buy? I was charged less than 2k and I got the CE and two maps.
Everything, but both for TOR and 5e.

Otaku-sempai

Fri 20 Oct 2023, 15:36

UPDATE #14
Peoples of Wilderland
Hello!

A month has passed since the end of the Kickstarter for Moria™ – Through the Doors of Durin and we're busy finalizing the text and art – then, we're going straight into layout and approvals, and we hope to be able to share a full PDF with you before the end of the year.

In the meantime, we have received many requests for the two small PDF expansions Peoples of Wilderland and Character Lifepaths, which were stretch goals in the original Kickstarter for The One Ring™, and are not available elsewhere. So, we decided to share them with all Moria backers as well! Note that these are only for the core The One Ring™ game – adapted versions for the 5E version of the game, The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying, will come soon.

We are sending out these PDFs download links via DrivethruRPG as we speak. The process takes several hours to complete, so please give it a day before contacting our support staff if nothing shows up. And don't forget to check your spam folder first!

Enjoy,

/Free League
#FideltyToTolkien