BrianG
Topic Author

Rules Clarifications: Effects or Certain Critical Hits

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 05:39

From page 73, the Critical Injuries - Crushing table;
if you get a result of 7 or 8 you can have a broken leg or arm respectively. The results from 1-6 all specifically state what sorts of rolls would be disadvantaged, but these two results give no entries as to what rolls would be impacted. Should I assume all rolls are impacted with a disadvantage penalty? Strength and Agility based due to the break itself and Intelligence and Empathy based due to the pain?

I am a bit of a literalist with new game systems and was surprised that if I take the result literally, one could simply continue on with a broken arm having not impact to their rolls.

Fenhorn

Re: Rules Clarifications: Effects or Certain Critical Hits

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 05:47

The effect of a broken leg is that you can't stand upright and the effect of a broken arm is that you can't use that particular arm. Most often it is quite clear if you a certain action needs two arms or not if you need to be able to use two legs but if it isn't then it is up to the GM to decide from case to case.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

BrianG
Topic Author

Re: Rules Clarifications: Effects or Certain Critical Hits

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 06:19

The effect of a broken leg is that you can't stand upright and the effect of a broken arm is that you can't use that particular arm. Most often it is quite clear if you a certain action needs two arms or not if you need to be able to use two legs but if it isn't then it is up to the GM to decide from case to case.

Hmm... ok. I shoot normally using both hands to help with my aim and trigger control (9mm pistol). If one of my arms is broken, even my off-hand arm, I would be at a disadvantage when trying to shoot comparatively even though the weapon is fully capable of being fired using only one hand. unless I "pushed" myself I suppose.. This GM is probably going to have most rolls disadvantaged if you are trying to function with a freshly broken arm.