Angelman

Re: Building better worlds pdf

Sat 26 Aug 2023, 03:08

Latest update. A few hours ago, Tomas dropped this to FB:
"The book has now gone to approval, and we hope to share the PDF with all pre-orderers very soon. We have tried to communicate about the delays in several channels, sorry if we didn't do a good enough job."

As far as I'm conserned, delays are a very difficult thing to communicate, 'cause there's literally nothing to communicate. I'm sure Tomas & al. are at least as frustrated with the pace of this as we all are. (Actually, as one who has worked 15 years in the TT RPG "business", I'm quite certain that for any frustration we fans have, the anguish of those behind the scenes are much, much greater).
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

ExileInParadise

Sat 26 Aug 2023, 14:44

Thanks for the update for those of us who cannot / will not set foot near Facebook.

If the delays are "breaking" the hopefully it means the folks working on these behind the scenes have recovered from their illness or misfortune, and that's really good news!

Yes, it can be frustrating - you put your money down with an expectation - and then Something Changes(tm).

Delayed gratification is still gratification - just happening when its supposed to rather than when you expected it to.

Building Better Worlds is happening and that's the good news.

Until then, there's a whole chapter of the core book on making up more adventures anyway ...
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Byrax

Wed 30 Aug 2023, 12:04

Keep us posted on developments. Will preorder once the pdf is ready.

Operations

Wed 20 Sep 2023, 19:51

Soon©?

RolyOtter

Mon 25 Sep 2023, 18:11

If I were in the Alien universe, I'd work in terraforming - so naturally I'm hyped for this book. Hopefully it won't be much longer of a wait for the PDF - I can practically taste it!

RolyOtter

Sun 01 Oct 2023, 10:05

Sorry for the double post! We now have a definitive release date for the physical book - January 16. Hopefully that means we'll be seeing the PDF any day now.

Angelman

Sun 01 Oct 2023, 13:11

Sorry for the double post! We now have a definitive release date for the physical book - January 16. Hopefully that means we'll be seeing the PDF any day now.
That's promising! But, what's the source of that release date? I haven't managed to catch that, myself.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

RolyOtter

Sun 01 Oct 2023, 13:21

That's promising! But, what's the source of that release date? I haven't managed to catch that, myself.
Wayland Games (no relation to Weyland) and Warcradle have the date on the product page.

Angelman

Sun 01 Oct 2023, 13:37

Wayland Games (no relation to Weyland) and Warcradle have the date on the product page.
Right. To be honest, I would not take a game store's release shedule as canon, but it is at least encouraging.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 03 Oct 2023, 03:12

yes, thanks guys for the news.