Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Tales From Eriador PDF Feedback

Tue 23 May 2023, 16:12

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in the Tales From Eriador PDF. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check to see if it has already been reported. If so, don't report it again.
  • Do not use this thread for discussions, only for direct feedback. If you want to discuss some topic you are welcome to start a new forum thread.
Please report your feedback no later than June 10, 2023.

Thank you!
Fria Ligan

PhilSip

Re: Tales From Eriador PDF Feedback

Thu 25 May 2023, 07:56

Loving this book so far!

Here's something I noticed:

pg. 21
Nelly Longarms' Statblock

"Nelly creates a fog spreading
from a point of his choice"

Orclicker

Sun 28 May 2023, 19:17

UPDATE - the codes finally arrived.

I'm having issues accessing the PDF, I just placed the pre order for the bundle, but I'm not seeing anything for how to access.
I'm assuming that I should have received a code/link pretty much right away (it's been nearly a half hour).

How did anyone else get access to the PDF once purchased? Did I miss anything?
Last edited by Orclicker on Sun 28 May 2023, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Fenhorn

Sun 28 May 2023, 19:20

I'm having issues accessing the PDF, I just placed the pre order for the bundle, but I'm not seeing anything for how to access.
I'm assuming that I should have received a code/link pretty much right away (it's been nearly a half hour).

How did anyone else get access to the PDF once purchased? Did I miss anything?
You should have got an email (usually within 15 minutes) with a link. If you haven't got the email, check your spam filters. You can also check notifications under your account on drivethru. The same message with links should be there as well. Otherwise contact support@frialigan.se and they fix it.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Orclicker

Mon 29 May 2023, 20:53

Ruins of Eriador pg 95,
Hill-troll Marauder rampage ability. I believe that the reference to Hilltroll Pillager is in error and should be Hill-troll Marauder

TL-Whit

Sun 11 Jun 2023, 13:17

The book looks great! I'm looking forward to running these series of events together in a campaign. I know I'm a day late, but I hope it's not too late to help. Here is the one error I found:
- Page 98, under A Magical Success: page number is missing in the helpful "(go to page XX)"

DeadlyDan

Wed 14 Jun 2023, 12:47

I've fully read through the pdf and as a new player to this realm (but having years of experience in 5e) I am finding it difficult to know the best things I should be describing to players. In official and even in most unofficial 5e campaign books they include a (usually) purple paragraph for notes that the GM/Loremaster should read aloud. There is virtually none of that in this book and as a new player experiencing LOTR 5e for the first time I found this... challenging.

I also think that the lack of battlemaps was maybe something that could have been considered? The isometric maps with key locations on are amazing and I have printed those out so that my players can see them as a guide, but to have to try and find some maps that I can make do with, takes away the enjoyment of having a fully fleshed out LOTR experience.

I also find it extremely difficult to know when to break up the story with adventuring phases and fellowship phases. None of this is clearly indicated in the book which again, might be helpful for newer players.