pellejones
Topic Author

Another 100 Magic Mishaps - A rules supplement for Forbidden Lands

Sat 20 May 2023, 14:29

Greetings, intrepid sorcerer, and welcome to the realm of Magical Mishaps! Prepare to be enthralled by a land where magic surges with a life force of its own, and where the very fabric of reality can be shaped with a flick of your wrist. Once you embark on this path, there may be no turning back to mundane ways. But beware, for the perils that lurk within these pages are not for the faint of heart - they are reserved for those who crave danger and adventure!

Another 100 Magic Mishaps is a game supplement for Forbidden Lands. This magic mishap table works a bit different than the one in the core book or the 100 alternate magic mishap table. In this book, each path of magic has its own unique table for the GM to use if a spell causes a mishap. Each path of magic has nine mishaps, which means a total of 126 mishaps! It also contains a brand new artifact connected to the strangeness of mishaps. I hope you will find this supplement intresting and that is makes your spellcasting more fun! It sure has made it more fun for us.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/43 ... ic-Mishaps

Hornblom

Re: Another 100 Magic Mishaps - A rules supplement for Forbidden Lands

Mon 22 May 2023, 15:16

I highly recommend this! So many fabulous fails :lol:

Wed 07 Jun 2023, 00:54

Intriguing! Would you mind sharing a sample or two? I'm curious to see if the misshaps are on the humurous side, or if they meet my gritty view on Ravenland : ). I've enjoyed you original 100 misshaps table, but NPC casters seems to always roll for the one that shrinks everyone within near distance...

And, are the scaling of the severity of the misshaps done in the same way as in Reforged Power? Or would it be compatible with that? (Lower score for only one skull, higher for 3, etc)

pellejones
Topic Author

Thu 08 Jun 2023, 21:49

Intriguing! Would you mind sharing a sample or two? I'm curious to see if the misshaps are on the humurous side, or if they meet my gritty view on Ravenland : ). I've enjoyed you original 100 misshaps table, but NPC casters seems to always roll for the one that shrinks everyone within near distance...

And, are the scaling of the severity of the misshaps done in the same way as in Reforged Power? Or would it be compatible with that? (Lower score for only one skull, higher for 3, etc)
A few of the general mishaps are available I'm the preview file on Drivethrurpg.com.

I have not read reforged power so I do not know how that works. In this the power level of the spell will make the mishap more dangerous or more crazy or even add new stuff to it sometimes. Like lava flows but at power 3+ you get stuck in it when it cools etc.

Mon 19 Jun 2023, 22:59

I can only see the first three pages of the pdf in the preview, sadly. So no actual mishaps. Sorry for coming off as stingy btw, I would bet that it's great quality stuff again.

Last session, our druid sat in camp and peacefully cast a spell, and rolled for the misshap in your old table where everything made out of metal is flown about in a tearing cyclone until they drop to the ground spread out in the shape of a large circle. Next to a flooded river. That was the most awesome misshap yet. For me as the GM, anyway.

pellejones
Topic Author

Wed 21 Jun 2023, 13:40

Ah ok I see! I thought I added a page with mishaps in the preview as well. I have added that now :) and attached the page here as well! As you can see, the mishaps are based on the spells.

Mon 03 Jul 2023, 00:53

Thanks a ton!