doc-t

Re: TWDU RPG Beta Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 5 Combat and Healing

Fri 19 May 2023, 10:34

Print page 65, MuLTIPLE COMBATANTS. Counting the combatants is gobbled up:

"If two fighters [i.e., fighter #1 and fighter #2] gang up on a single enemy [fighter #3], the lone fighter [#3!] must first decide who to roll an opposed roll against. The lone fighter [still #3] is then considered a defenseless target (above) against the third fighter [against themselves? No! against the unopposed fighter, which is #1 or #2!]."

Amraphel

Fri 19 May 2023, 17:57

Pages 73 and 85 Gameplay Examples
In these examples, there are references to someone in the group named Rebecka.

In the gameplay examples on pages 12, 13, and 110, and in the Dearly Departed Monologues on page 23 ("Dear Alona") and page 51 ("Dear Crazy Wanderer"), the name is spelled Rebecca. These all seem to be referring to the same person, so it would be helpful to spell the name consistently.

Amraphel

Fri 19 May 2023, 18:03

Page 73 EXPLOSIVE WEAPONS
The first line in the second paragraph reads: “A failed skill roll means that you hit the wrong locations”—I think this ought to read "location" (singular) since the explosive is aimed at one impact point or target.

Amraphel

Sat 20 May 2023, 17:43

Page 77: Vehicles
And then we get to crash objects, which table on page 78 has a DAMAGE column, which is vaguely referenced in ... another table on the next page. It was difficult to find IMHO.
I feel the DAMAGE column on the CRASH OBJECTS table (p. 78) needs renaming for clarity. On the other tables nearby (e.g. RANGED WEAPONS, p. 76, or VEHICLE TYPES, p. 78) the DAMAGE value is the amount of damage inflicted by the weapon or vehicle; whereas in the CRASH OBJECTS table, the DAMAGE value is something else entirely—the amount of damage required to destroy the object.

For vehicles, the amount of damage required to destroy them is given by their HULL rating, but that doesn't seem an appropriate name for the damage required to break a brick wall, for example. Maybe something like DURABILITY or DAMAGE CAPACITY would work?

Cinaen

Sat 20 May 2023, 22:07

For consistency
P. 74 HuNGRY ANd TIREd
"...taking one damage per..."
"...lose one point of Health..."

Which is it you want it to be called? Do we lose health or do we take damage. I prefer lose health as it's clearer for players looking at their character sheets, but all weapons damage. So maybe take damage is the way to go, but please be consistent throughout the book.

Cinaen

Sat 20 May 2023, 22:11

Add Encumbrance explanation to page 30 and/or 75

Cinaen

Sun 21 May 2023, 18:36

P. 78 Ramming
It said that "...Roll this many dice to see how much damage your vehicle takes, plus one..."
But in the table next to every thing gives different amounts of damage (soft material 1, wooden house 3...)

Cinaen

Sun 21 May 2023, 19:46

P. 82 SINGLE WALKER ATTACKS
ONE ROLL: A single attack by a walker is resolved with one skill roll by you. You can roll for any skill that makes sense in the situation.

This lacks context. What is this resolve for? Do the Walker attack me or? Only reading further I think this actually mean this One Roll skill roll is my trying to avoid the attack. Would be helpful by adding the word "avoid":
ONE ROLL: To avoid a single attack by a walker is resolved with one skill roll by you. You can roll for any skill that makes sense in the situation.

Cinaen

Sun 21 May 2023, 20:06

P. 84
"SWARM ATTACKS: A walker swarm can perform three types of attack. The Swarm Attack table on page XX indicates which options are available for the GM to choose from at each Threat Level."
Is it Threat level or Swarm Threat level?

tickbite

Mon 22 May 2023, 21:29

Just small stuff …
Some minor confusions during reading:
  • P.70, the gameplay example starts with the bouncy castle plot, but it took a while to figure out that it continued into the Hannah plot on the right.
  • The box „Medical equipment“ has a 9+ at the end that doesn‘t seem to belong there?
  • P. 73, the example gameplay at the top introduced „relieving all stress“ before the rule had been introduced. Switching the last part of the example and the rule would make it clearer.
Some recommended changes:
  • P.66, „The brawl ends whenever the story calls for it. This could be because all the enemies are dead, have given up, or run away. Or because you have been defeated.“ I’dd something like: Or because something interrupts the brawl? (Walkers were attracted by the ongoing noise? I would assume that most brawls end before everyone is dead.
  • P.84, „you take the critical injury “severed limb” (#61)“. Maybe refer to critical injury table on page XX here.
  • P.85, Desperate escape, „A lone PC who is surrounded by walkers may try to postpone death by finding a place to hide, like inside an abandoned tank or on top of a big rock.“ Please change big rock to dumpster!