Ardrikk

Re: TWDU RPG Beta Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 5 Combat and Healing

Thu 18 May 2023, 15:19

The Close Combat Weapons table on print page 76 lists “Stick” as an entry and this has a +3 Bonus; the highest of all the Damage 1 close combat weapons. I’m assuming this is a staff/quarter staff like Morgan uses? But using the word “stick” makes me think of a tree branch. Maybe change the name to be more clear?

doc-t

Thu 18 May 2023, 15:41

Print page 75, "it has the Issue bad quality. This means that it is likely to break and create a Challenge for the PC."

I don't get the meaning of the "and". Does it become a Challenge only after the item breaks? Or is the likeliness of breaking the Challenge already?

If the first, what is the mechanical implication of "likely to break"?

doc-t

Thu 18 May 2023, 15:43

Print page 75, "Okay and roll again; if another 6, the item is of extremely good quality"

What is the mechanical implication of an item of "extremely good quality"?

Amraphel

Thu 18 May 2023, 17:14

Page 69 MOVEMENT
The last sentence in the paragraph seems to have an extra word: “When someone gives up or the range goes beyond the Extreme, the chase is over.”

Ardrikk

Thu 18 May 2023, 17:25

Entry 42 on the Walker Attack table (print page 83) reads:
42 You lose your balance, and it forces you backwards. You bump into sharp objects; fall over and hits your head; stumbles, severely twisting your ancles and wrists. Take two points of damage.
“hits” should be “hit”
“stumbles” should be “stumble”
“ancles” should be “ankles”

Ardrikk

Thu 18 May 2023, 17:30

Entry 62 on the Walker Attack table (print page 83) reads:
62 As you grapple with a walker, you failed to notice another walker on the ground reaching for your leg. It takes a huge bite out of your calf. You fall screaming as both walkers overwhelms you. You’ve lost a mortal amount of blood before you hit the ground.
“overwhelms” should be “overwhelm” in this sentence.
Also, “mortal amount of blood” sounds a little odd. I think “fatal amount of blood” might be better?

madmouse3400

Thu 18 May 2023, 17:59

Brawl actions: Leadership: Do you roll leadership once and then for each success you get to hand out a bonus dice? Or everytime you bark out an order do you roll leadership and if you succeed they get a bonus dice (maybe extra if you get more than one success)? In other words can you roll leadership multiple times in one round of brawls, or just once and if so when? Ex: justin decided to use the leadership action instead of taking cover, etc. he says “Bernie get behind cover your too exposed” bernie says ok. Justin rolls leadership. “I got 2 successes so you get 2 bonus dice on your mobility check” Bernie rolls and succeeds. Then justin says “annie shoot that mother hubbard” annie says okay. Does justin roll leadership again? Or instead of giving justin 2 bonus dice can he give him one then give one to annie? How would that interaction work? Fighting a swarm: leadership this is simple and should be copy pasted to the brawl page it makes much more sense that way

Gear: Lockpicks add tech +2? Shouldn’t it be stealth as you use stealth to pick locks? Would like some more general gear options as well.

Close combat weapons: instead of small axe maybe hatchet. Also there are weapons from the archtypes that are not on the list (soldier’s bayonet for example which I would imagine is just a knife stat block) just a simple excerpt could say something like use your best determination when giving stats to weapons could be useful.

bradbard

Thu 18 May 2023, 18:31

pgs 84 - 85 Fighting the Dead

You have Threat Level, then Swarm Size, then Swarm Threat. Is there a way to use different words so there's less possibility to confuse the concepts? I've reread this section multiple times, and I think I know how to handle swarm attacks, but I can't say for certain.

pg 85 Fighting the Dead
"For each attack the walkers make, the Swarm Threat is reduced by one." Since Swarm Threat is Threat Level added to Swarm Size, which of these numbers is reduced? Does it matter at this point? Do the walkers keep coming until the PCs succeed or the Threat Level is reduced to 2 or less? Some clarity here would be nice.

An example of fighting a swarm would be super helpful to clarify how the numbers all work. A flowchart might be helpful as well.

bradbard

Thu 18 May 2023, 18:42

pg 85 Fighting the Dead

Do extra successes beyond the Swarm Threat rating matter when fighting swarms? It seems like they should, but there's nothing mentioned about it. If they do matter, is it left to the GM to interpret or are there specific uses (e.g. reducing the Swarm Size further, contributing to someone's dice pool if they failed their roll, etc.)? A line or two for clarity would be nice.

ZakRulz

Fri 19 May 2023, 04:27

Page 73. Example text is unclear if the stress relief comes from being with the character’s Anchor or from getting a good nights rest.