doc-t

Re: TWDU RPG Beta Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 5 Combat and Healing

Wed 17 May 2023, 17:24

Print page 69, "When you accumulate three or more points of damage". This does not correspond well with the character sheet at the end, on which damage is NOT accumulated, but instead HEALTH is being reduced. Also the other paragraphs also write about HEALTH, not damage.

"When you are reduced to zero HEALTH" or "When your HEALTH is reduced by damage to zero" would fit better.

doc-t

Wed 17 May 2023, 17:38

Print page 70, "If you are tended to by someone who uses basic medical equipment" implies that no advanced medical equipment is being used for first treatment, which might be wrong. So, how to resolve if you are tended to by someone who uses advanced medical equipment? Are two rolls allowed immediately?

doc-t

Wed 17 May 2023, 17:42

Page 70, "The time limit also states what kind of medical equipment is necessary to help you, either basic (B) or advanced (A). Without the right equipment, there is nothing to be done."

I would assume, that B equipment is included in A equipment, although this is not stated in the rules! rRules-as-written, e.g., tending a "Cut open leg", requiring B equipment, would not be possible in a fully equipped and functioning hospital, because that is A equipment, not B, hence WRONG.

Rules need an amendment somewhere clarifying the intention of the rules.

doc-t

Wed 17 May 2023, 17:55

Print pages 72+73: The example how to relieve stress by MEETING YOUR ANCHOR seems pointless, because it describes "An undisturbed night’s sleep in a reasonably safe place", which is a simple REST and the anchor is irrelevant for that.

doc-t

Wed 17 May 2023, 18:00

Print page 73, "You can roll Mobility to avoid damage from an explosion." How does that work? Is a success enough to avoid all damage, or does each success reduce a single point of damage? It's also not explained in Chapter 4 describing the skills.

Or is it to be resolved like an AVOIDING ATTACK action? If yes, then seeking cover or movement is included in the Mobility roll?

Compare with page 74 regarding damage from falling: "[...] roll Mobility. Each success reduces the damage by one." this is clear.
Last edited by doc-t on Wed 17 May 2023, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

doc-t

Wed 17 May 2023, 18:12

Print page 74, "When you are exposed to a disease, make an opposed roll for Endure against the Virulence of the disease. This is called a sickness roll." Defining the term "sickness roll" is fine! Why does rolling against toxins does not get a definition of the term? And all other hazard rolls, for that matter?

Amraphel

Wed 17 May 2023, 20:12

Page 65 DESCRIBING THE ACTION
The final line in the box reads “does not cause the them to lose hit points.” The word “the” should be deleted; the text should read “does not cause them to lose hit points.”

EldritchGremlin

Thu 18 May 2023, 01:19

Maybe it's just me, but using the search function, I couldn't find any description of what to do with ENCUMBRANCE. Does that affect dice rolls? Is it something that restricts certain PCs from using certain weapons?
On page 30 "The things you carry with you should be written on your character sheet. If it is not written there, you do not have it with you. Your capability to carry things is measured in slots. You have a number of slots equal to your Strength plus two. If you have Strength 2, then you have four slots."

I think it's a bit messy but ENCUMBRANCE is how many SLOTS/ CARRYING CAPACITY it takes up

Pelhle

Thu 18 May 2023, 09:10

Page 69: broken section.

I know the design is to not make things crunchy, but attacking a broken person (at least in close combat), a person that can barely crawl, maybe should get a +2 on the skill roll?

Ardrikk

Thu 18 May 2023, 14:58

Page 82: AVOIDING WALKERS

There is a section for Disguising as the dead. While we are on the avoiding topic, I think this would have been the place to mention the method Michonne used by cutting of arms and jaw/teeth of walkers. I did not seem to find any reference to the Michonne method of avoiding walkers in other places of the book either. And besides, this section is where I would expect to read about it.
There is a General Talent in Chapter 4 (pdf page 61) called "Pet Keeper" that allows you to do the Michonne thing of keeping chained walkers with you.