Adelard Took
Topic Author

Conversion Of Adversaries From AIME To TLORRPG

Sat 13 May 2023, 22:49

Is there any system or plan how to convert adversaries from AIME? I know the present adversaries are reworked from the previous system as PC levels are capped at ten now. Has anyone done any conversions and would like to share? Thanks in advance!

finarvyn

Re: Conversion Of Adversaries From AIME To TLORRPG

Tue 04 Jul 2023, 22:16

A little bump, as I was planning on starting a similar thread and figured it would be easier to springboard off of the current one.

Has anyone tried to compare the stat blocks from AiME and LotRR to see how similar they are? Logic tells me that if both are 5E derivative products then the stats ought to be similar, but I'm not sure. (My AiME books are currently packed away, and my motivation to find them is proportional to the similarity to the new LotRR system.)
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

JLandan

Thu 20 Jul 2023, 21:26

I've used AiME adversaries, as well as core 5e monsters, with almost no changes. The only thing to really watch for is spellcasting, because LotRR does not use that system. What I do is be on the look-out for spellcasting sections in a block and replace it with something more in-line with LotRR monsters.

finarvyn

Sun 17 Sep 2023, 22:52

Do you find the scaling of the two systems to give issues with hopping back and forth? I haven't run AiME but I understand it goes to level 20, while LotRR caps at 10. I should think that this would cause some sort of issue if creatures are dropped into an adventure without considering that, but I haven't really played either system yet.

The whole spellcasting thing is another issue altogether. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

Robin Smallburrow

Mon 18 Sep 2023, 11:32

Unfortunately no-one has produced one yet (there is a conversion for TOR1E to TOR2E available)
I'm personally busy on an expanded Journey Events Table and reworking a Moria Adventure I have written for the new systems, so I can't help you at this stage. I recommend you simply design the important Adversaries from scratch or use what's already been done. You also keep an eye on the Discord channel (The One Ring RPG Discord) as it may appear there first!