Oddball_E8
Topic Author

Urban Ops Foundry VTT?

Thu 11 May 2023, 10:17

So, now that it's officially out... will we be getting a VTT module?

I mean, I really wish that came with the pre-order, but I've reconciled with the fact that I often have to pay double price due to having bought the product in the past and the only way to get a discount on the VTT module is to buy that same physical product again... so full priced VTT modules it is. I still think that's not a great way to treat loyal customers, but whatever.

Vcutter

Re: Urban Ops Foundry VTT?

Thu 11 May 2023, 14:54

I'm with you here.
I pre-ordered UO immediately just to get the PDF.
I haven't even picked it up yet, prob will later this week.
All my gaming is done on VTT these days and physical copies are simply clutter on the shelf. I do love the art of FL games and Mörk Borg makes for interesting coffee table book but still...
I so wish they would sell "PDF+VTT only" packages, I wouldn't mind paying the same price as a book even, but paying double is kinda...meh. Especially since the printing/shipping costs of virtual products is pretty much close to zero.

Oddball_E8
Topic Author

Fri 12 May 2023, 11:28

I'm with you here.
I pre-ordered UO immediately just to get the PDF.
I haven't even picked it up yet, prob will later this week.
All my gaming is done on VTT these days and physical copies are simply clutter on the shelf. I do love the art of FL games and Mörk Borg makes for interesting coffee table book but still...
I so wish they would sell "PDF+VTT only" packages, I wouldn't mind paying the same price as a book even, but paying double is kinda...meh. Especially since the printing/shipping costs of virtual products is pretty much close to zero.
Don't get me wrong. I really want the physical product.

But it bothers me that you get a discount on the VTT module if you buy it in a bundle with the physical product, but if you pre-ordered the physical product or you bought it years before VTT was even out there, you cannot get that discount unless you buy another physical product (and then it's not a discount any more, is it?).

It's making me wonder if I should maybe not pre-order or kickstart the products any more, and instead just wait until the VTT bundle comes out. Because as it stands, it's actually a disadvantage for me to pre-order and kickstart now, since I always use VTT.

For example, I pre-ordered Urban Ops. I got the pdf's a long time ago. I still haven't used it in my campaign, because there's no VTT module for it, so I won't use it.

I think this will be the last time I pre-order or kickstart from FL unless there's a VTT deal in there.

Vcutter

Fri 12 May 2023, 11:52

It's making me wonder if I should maybe not pre-order or kickstart the products any more, and instead just wait until the VTT bundle comes out. Because as it stands, it's actually a disadvantage for me to pre-order and kickstart now, since I always use VTT.
We both know your not gonna do that! When Hostile Waters comes you will throw your money at them anyway! :D

But yeah I see this is an issue as well.
It might be in part due to VTT support taking time to create. And from what I gather the VTT developer for TW for example is hired as a free lancer. As awesome as his work is, I still think it is not his full time job so development takes time. Also "beta pdf" is probably not the finished product so I am not sure actually at what point in publishin it makes sense to even start the VTT stuff.

But yeah, FL definitely should start to offer options for people who prefer digital products for numerous reasons.
Especially since Sweden in general is pretty much on the forefront of the whole "eco/green"-movement, it might give the company even more positive publicity if handled correctly.

Oddball_E8
Topic Author

Fri 12 May 2023, 14:47

We both know your not gonna do that! When Hostile Waters comes you will throw your money at them anyway! :D
I don't think so, actually.

I mean, I don't use the product until there's a VTT module for it. So why buy it twice? I don't think I'll kickstart or pre-order again unless access (or discount) to the VTT module is in the stretch-goals or part of the pre-order.
:(

And it's not like it'd be hard for them to do... just add an "if you pre-order, you get a discount on the VTT module when it comes out" thing and add a discount code to the pre-order package.

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 12 May 2023, 15:18

Hello!

UO is not officially released yet (the release date is June 1), and we aim to release the Foundry VTT on the same date. These conversions take a lot of work, and we can't start that work until the product is fully completed and sent to print.
As for the pricing, what we usually do is to set the VTT at a very low introductory price, specifically for people who habe already purchased the physical or PDF item. We will do the same this time.
Fria Ligan

Oddball_E8
Topic Author

Sat 13 May 2023, 08:42

Hello!

UO is not officially released yet (the release date is June 1), and we aim to release the Foundry VTT on the same date. These conversions take a lot of work, and we can't start that work until the product is fully completed and sent to print.
As for the pricing, what we usually do is to set the VTT at a very low introductory price, specifically for people who habe already purchased the physical or PDF item. We will do the same this time.
I didn't know that. I appreciate that.

I'll still have to pay full price for all the products I've bought in the past, though.

Vcutter

Tue 30 May 2023, 20:49

Just purchased!
Really appreciate the 60% discount!
For future releases I do hope that FL will take into consideration "digital only" pre-orders and purchases.

Wiglaf72

Wed 31 May 2023, 02:16

How did you get the discount? I also pre-ordered the print copy, but I don't see any emails or codes that tell me what to do (junk email empty as well).
thanks!

chumbly

Wed 31 May 2023, 05:06

The base Twilight 2000 Foundry System needs to be updated to support Foundry VTT version 11. It will not install unless it is updated.
The Twilight 2000 Foundry game system is refusing to install saying it is incompatible with V11 Foundry VTT.
The Twilight 2000 core module does install. Found this out trying to re-install the base game system so I could install Urban Ops.