Rathalos32
Topic Author

Teleport and possible broken combo?

Tue 09 May 2023, 08:06

So, one of my players had the brilliant idea of a possible combo using teleport: he would teleport himself and one of the enemies, he teleported 100 meters up and used slow fall to save himself... since the magic didn't say it could not be used on an unwilling character, I don't see a reason this would not work as RAW... I was thinking of using the "can't be used on unwilling characters" so the human-sized bosses aren't one-shotted with this, but do you guys have any ideas about this?

Fenhorn

Re: Teleport and possible broken combo?

Tue 09 May 2023, 08:39

My take on this is that you can't use this on an unwilling person.

I base this on (besides balancing) that spells that can be cast on others with malevolent effects will have a text that tells how the effect can be resisted or avoided, like more difficult to cast the spell or an opposed roll of some kind.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Melvin

Tue 09 May 2023, 09:00

Teleport? 6h casting spell? Why not on an unwilling target but can you hold him in place for 6h? :-)

blurr_G

Tue 09 May 2023, 13:45

Teleport? 6h casting spell? Why not on an unwilling target but can you hold him in place for 6h? :-)
Casting Time: Action

So the player is casting Teleport on one round and then casting slow fall on his next round before he hits the ground?

JohnWithAgun

Tue 09 May 2023, 14:45

So the player is casting Teleport on one round and then casting slow fall on his next round before he hits the ground?
and hope he doesn't get grappled by the enemy :P

blurr_G

Tue 09 May 2023, 16:06

hehe will the grapple prevent the Mage from casting slowfall? According to google it will take them 4.5 seconds to hit ground from a height 100m at a speed of 160km/h. Splat.

Or he'll get the magic trick cast and they both float down together with the baddie clinging to the Mage's ankles in terror.

Melvin

Tue 09 May 2023, 19:47

I am sorry, did I miss something? Teleport is the Portal spell (symbolism) or something else? Because portal is a ritual. Is it a new spell from bloodmarch maybe?

Fenhorn

Tue 09 May 2023, 19:55

I am sorry, did I miss something? Teleport is the Portal spell (symbolism) or something else? Because portal is a ritual. Is it a new spell from bloodmarch maybe?
Wrong game. This is Dragonbane, not FbL.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Melvin

Tue 09 May 2023, 23:34

Oh sorry, my bad :mrgreen:

Rathalos32
Topic Author

Wed 10 May 2023, 04:31

hehe will the grapple prevent the Mage from casting slowfall? According to google it will take them 4.5 seconds to hit ground from a height 100m at a speed of 160km/h. Splat.

Or he'll get the magic trick cast and they both float down together with the baddie clinging to the Mage's ankles in terror.
Good one, even if he spends 2 more wp to teleport 200 meters it would no be enough because it take 6.39 seconds to land. He would need to use the Master Spellcaster HA no matter what to make this combo viable, and to be honest I'm willing to let this go to see what happens (also because the enemy mage can do this too :twisted: ), just for fun, but I agree with Fenhorn, I think is just a oversigh or it would have some form of resisting.