Rodrigue
Topic Author

Card deck for spells and talents

Wed 29 Mar 2023, 11:09

Hi folks,

I am working on a card deck with spells and talents for my players. These would be done as poker-sized cards with all the necessary information on them (my players are newbies to role-playing games so they need any help they can get).

The spell cards would look like this (draft):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CAUC1J ... sp=sharing

My questions are:

1) What is the stance of Freeleague on this considering that these cards would reprint spell and talent information from the Player's Handbook?
I would assume this to be ok for personal purposes and sharing with my players. What about offering this to the Freeleague community? If allowed, is there a process to follow in terms of design, review, and approval? As this is not community-generated content but rather printing existing text from the PHB in a different format, I am not sure if the Community Content rules apply (I did not find anything that would forbid such a product).

2) Is there any interest from the community to have such a playing aid?
If so, I would investigate how to distribute this. Options would be printable PDFs (so you have to print and cut out the cards yourself) or going with professionally printed decks by Game Crafter or similar companies. I am currently using Nandeck but might switch to Component Studio 2 in the latter case. As this is a hobby effort, I might need some data input help.

grimthot

Re: Card deck for spells and talents

Wed 29 Mar 2023, 20:15

Already done by someone on the forum
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/383043

Rodrigue
Topic Author

Wed 29 Mar 2023, 23:04

Cool, didn't know that. Is there anything for talents?

grimthot

Thu 30 Mar 2023, 08:40

Non, i don't think si, and it would be a great Idea :D