Rathalos32
Topic Author

Final version changes list

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 02:52

Here is a list of changes that my group has manage to find from the v3. If you guys finded any other please comment to here too!

- Professions is back with a specific heroic that they must start with.
- There is now a new green box saying that the GM may allow a player choose a different initial HA
- Stack help is no longer possible
- Persuade now explicitly says that you can’t persuade monsters unless it’s allowed.
- There is now a new HA, Shield Block
- Weasel now only redirect the attack to another player.
- Rally is now a action instead of a free one
- Helping is also a action
- There is now a box for Hitting Inanimate objects
- Death roll connot be pushed now
- To Rally yourself is now a WIL roll instead of persuasion
- Multiples attempst for Saving life in the same round is now allowed.
- Poison against NPC now roll agains the max HP, ignoring the Robusts.
- Swimming now just gives a bane if wearing mail or plate armor
- There is now a paragraph “detailing” if a mage lost his grimoire
- Magic is now affected by any metal, not just iron, and is now detailed how it should behaives with “unclear” itens like axes and studded leather.
- In the magical mishaps 17 where the caster would become a animal is now detailed that it retains the mental part.
- Ensnaring Roots and Engulfing Forest now roll EVADE instead of STR.
- Sleep or Dominate against NPCS now roll agains the max WP (10 if not pressented) ignoring any Focused.
- There is now a nice book image in page 65
- Levitate is now instant instead of stretch duration
- Flight now gives fly movement base on the power level instead of a fixed one.
- Great Helm now gives bane on all ragend attacks, instead of just for bows
- Sling no longer has a STR requirement
- Need and Thread effect now rolls with CRAFTING instead of BUSHCRAFT.
- The minimum size of a passage that a monster can pass through is now halfed
- There is now a box to help defines attributes for npcs.

Garmr

Re: Final version changes list

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 09:12

that's pretty positive, it's nice to see many suggestions have been addressed.
Thank you for taking the time to compile this list.

CEBedford

Sun 19 Mar 2023, 00:42

Ok, the last update was a bit cold for me personally but these changes have me pretty hyped up again.

I still may change the skill list myself though. I still think Persuade, Intimidate, and Bluff is a better spread than having bartering be a separate soil personally.

I’m also not sure the game needed stacking boons and banes. Not sure if it was needed, and I may just house rule that too. I like the idea of just deciding together whether the action is favorable, average, or more difficult without tallying various factors.

Still overall psyched for this game!
- Hoodie Infestation

Short Fey

Sun 19 Mar 2023, 00:58

I’m also not sure the game needed stacking boons and banes. Not sure if it was needed, and I may just house rule that too. I like the idea of just deciding together whether the action is favorable, average, or more difficult without tallying various factors.
Tbh, while i can't say that this applies for every table, but in my experience, not everyone is actively trying to fish for boons, the only times are if they have conditions and the like, or REALLY wanna succeed at something, but that rarely gives more than 1 boon/bane anyway. What i have found it is more for situations where you have say a condition, then get something else that gives a bane.

But overall i quite like these changes in this version. Looking forward to get my hands on the final version.
Beware the fey!

VorpalMace

Sun 19 Mar 2023, 13:10

Bushcraft finally no longer mentions that it can be used for fishing and hunting.

CEBedford

Sun 19 Mar 2023, 23:32

Tbh, while i can't say that this applies for every table, but in my experience, not everyone is actively trying to fish for boons, the only times are if they have conditions and the like, or REALLY wanna succeed at something, but that rarely gives more than 1 boon/bane anyway. What i have found it is more for situations where you have say a condition, then get something else that gives a bane.

But overall i quite like these changes in this version. Looking forward to get my hands on the final version.
I’m less worried about fishing for boons and more just like the idea of just deciding simply whether the situation is easier (boon), average, or harder (bane). For speed and simplicity more than anything else.
- Hoodie Infestation

Short Fey

Mon 20 Mar 2023, 00:07

I’m less worried about fishing for boons and more just like the idea of just deciding simply whether the situation is easier (boon), average, or harder (bane). For speed and simplicity more than anything else.
Having been gming i find that i can still quick and easy decide how easy/hard something is. You don't say "oh what your doing is super hard, that's two banes", it's still just a single bane/boon or just a plain roll for a check.

It's more now it makes conditions nastier in case your doing something that gives a bane, sense you have one from the condition, one from the check. But these situations don't pop up super often.
Beware the fey!

Rathalos32
Topic Author

Mon 20 Mar 2023, 06:36

Having been gming i find that i can still quick and easy decide how easy/hard something is. You don't say "oh what your doing is super hard, that's two banes", it's still just a single bane/boon or just a plain roll for a check.

It's more now it makes conditions nastier in case your doing something that gives a bane, sense you have one from the condition, one from the check. But these situations don't pop up super often.
I agree with this, is more of those situations where the player would already have a bane or boon and another factor makes them receive another of the same, potentially potentiating the situation, which I personally like.

simontmn

Wed 22 Mar 2023, 09:34

Goven that Boon/Bane is the only modifier to difficulty, I definitely think they need to stack. I'm often seeing cases of rolling with 2 Banes - and sometimes succeeding!