WastelandSniper
Topic Author

Animal companion character sheet

Tue 14 Mar 2023, 20:23

I'm setting up to run a solo campaign in Forbidden Lands and I've decided to go with a hunter with a Path of Beasts build. As I've been putting my character together it occurred to me that I've never seen a simplified character sheet for animal companions. I've done a little digging, but haven't found anything. Does anybody know of one that somebody has already made? Or is it possible to request an official one from Free League?

I'd imagine it would be very simple to make one that would match the regular character sheets, but I don't have the digital resources to put one together. It just seems visually complicated to use a full character sheet for animal companions that only need a fraction of the options for their stats and information. This is definitely a very first-world quality-of-life issue, so I'm not demanding/expecting something to be done. Just thought I'd mention it and see if anybody else already had a pretty solution. If not, I can just throw a bare-bones thing together for myself.

Widowmemer

Re: Animal companion character sheet

Thu 16 Mar 2023, 09:48

For animals combat cards exists, showing name, attributes and skills if I remember correctly. Else you can just use the stats for animals at page 124 of the GM guide, they don't require a whole character sheet.

kylkim

Thu 25 Jan 2024, 19:56

There is a sore lack of custom character sheets in general. Personally I'd want a separate "vehicle" sheet for mounts, so there'd be more inventory space on the PC sheet. Also it would add ample amounts of suspense for whenever the party get separated from their animal and the GM takes the sheet away. >:D

Matt Kay's Solo Expansion has some additional considerations for Animal Companions and will include a Companion sheet at some point (based on playtesting). Latest update was in December, so now is a good time to give feedback where possible.

Dizzyfugu

Fri 26 Jan 2024, 10:24

For our group/party of five PCs I have created custom animal "character sheets", because everyone owns a horse, and we have two Hunters and Druid, who have a fox, a small owl, a ferret and an elk (as a riding animal) with them. About 6x4" in size, with a portrait, place for stats and (esp. for the horses) equipment slots.

Here's the fox:
FUNKE.jpg
FUNKE.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 321 times
...and one of the horses:
HORSE.jpg
HORSE.jpg (116.92 KiB) Viewed 321 times
The files are created end edited with MS Powerpoint, with imported portraits, and then printed or exported as PNGs or PDFs, depending on the user' interface.