c4s4

Re: Feedback Thread - The Year Zero Engine Standard Reference Document

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 16:50

Errata V1.0 p.53: "The lists in chapter 5 indicate each vehicle’s fuel capacity" these lists are in chapter 4 and don't indicate any fuel capacity.

c4s4

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 17:04

Errata V1.0, p.44: "To kill a prey you have tracked, you must first make an Observation roll to move into position without alerting the animal." this should probably be a Stealth roll.

alessandrofranzen

Sun 07 May 2023, 19:51

Errata needed in page 21: The Coup de Grace rule is missing from the SRD 1.0, but still mentioned in the Merciless Specialization / Talent. This specific rule was part of the "Broken" explanation text section. If the rule is the same as before, it reads:

COUP DE GRACE (atribute damage)
An opponent who has lost all Strength or Agility is defenseless. If it’s an intelligent being (with Wits) and you want to give him a coup de grace and kill him outright, you must fail an Empathy roll (roll for the attribute only). Even if the roll fails, you suffer one point of damage to Empathy – killing in cold blood is not as easy as you might think. Some talents can let you kill defenseless enemies without these negative effects.

When you use Vitality rules, I suppose that rule text change to:

COUP DE GRACE (vitality/resolve damage)
An opponent who has lost all Vitality is defenseless. If it’s an intelligent being (with Wits) and you want to give him a coup de grace and kill him outright, you must fail an Empathy roll (roll for the attribute only). Even if the roll fails, you suffer one point of damage to Resolve – killing in cold blood is not as easy as you might think. Some Specializations can let you kill defenseless enemies without these negative effects.

Due to the number of small errors in the text and the absence of some rules that are referenced in the SRD, it would be great if Free League could make an update of the official text in a version 1.1 dont you think?.

bredbite

Sun 25 Jun 2023, 16:56

Page 9
Stress dice:
Stress is typically relieved – all stress points removed –
after a stretch of rest in a (reasonably) safe location.
Page 21
NOT BROKEN?
If you are not broken, you heal one point
of damage or stress per shift. This assumes that you are not
starving, dehydrated, or hypothermic (page 25). You can
heal damage and stress at the same time.
1. One says all stress is healed in a stretch, and another says you heal one stress per shift. Which one is it?
2. It says you heal one point of damage or stress, then later says you can heal damage and stress at the same time. Which one is it?

LatchKeyKid

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 14:01

Page 9
Stress dice:
Stress is typically relieved – all stress points removed –
after a stretch of rest in a (reasonably) safe location.
Page 21
NOT BROKEN?
If you are not broken, you heal one point
of damage or stress per shift. This assumes that you are not
starving, dehydrated, or hypothermic (page 25). You can
heal damage and stress at the same time.
1. One says all stress is healed in a stretch, and another says you heal one stress per shift. Which one is it?
2. It says you heal one point of damage or stress, then later says you can heal damage and stress at the same time. Which one is it?
It's badly named because it uses the same term (stress) but it's two completely different systems. If you look on page 9, one system is the "damage and stress" system where "stress" is used to apparently indicate damage to a mental attribute and the other is the "stress dice" system where stress is your cumulative bonus dice to actions that can lead to panic. In the panic stress system, you RELIEVE all stress with a safe stretch rest. In the damage stress system, you HEAL one damage or stress per shift.

bredbite

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 14:03

How about supply rating, how high can it go? Can you carry a supply rating of 1000 water? What is reasonable

LatchKeyKid

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 19:45

How about supply rating, how high can it go? Can you carry a supply rating of 1000 water? What is reasonable
page 7
"This means rolling a number of D6 equal to the current Supply rating – but never more than six dice."

While it's technically referring to the number of dice rolled, I'd say the intent is to cap supply at max 6. FBL uses the stepped dice system for consumables and it caps out at d12 if I recall correctly.

9littlebees

Tue 27 Jun 2023, 17:27

page 7
"This means rolling a number of D6 equal to the current Supply rating – but never more than six dice."

While it's technically referring to the number of dice rolled, I'd say the intent is to cap supply at max 6. FBL uses the stepped dice system for consumables and it caps out at d12 if I recall correctly.
The supply dice pool made its debut in Alien where it is worded the same. My feeling with this is that the intention is to have supply uncapped and only have the supply roll itself capped at 6D, but you could just as easily have it capped. Obviously the more supply units you have, the more it weighs (or you might be limited by a receptacle, like air in an oxygen tank), so there would be a natural limit.

FBL had an ascending consumable mechanic that capped at the d12, but it would also let you carry more consumables which you then track as units. I would hazard a guess that switching the whole thing to units was in response to this double mechanic which confused/s a lot of people.

But of course this is an SRD, so use it in your project however you want. These are rules you can use as written, amend, or ignore.
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

P_2

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 23:40

When can we expect an update at the SRD document, after the errors indicated in thia thread?

hakdragon

Wed 06 Dec 2023, 07:58

I would like to see a sample personal armor table, like the fantasy standards (leather, plate, chain, shields).