cocolebelge
Topic Author

Question about campaigns/adventures

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 11:17

Hello people,

Before diving in Dragonbane, I simply wanted to know what kind of "officials" adventures and campaign we could expect for Dragonbane?
Are we talking only about dungeon crawling and exploration? Or could (I do hope) expect more? Would love to see some intrigue, perhaps a little of politics even @ a lower scale.
And how easy would it be also to tweak the game to a lower fantasy setting? Guess this should be fairly easy ;-)

My main concern is about the type of adventures that will be proposed soon?

Thanks

cocolebelge
Topic Author

Re: Question about campaigns/adventures

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 21:11

Hello any update?
I have a few more questions regarding the adventures and campaigns:
    I was wondering are some adventures going to be added to the adventure pdf/book?
    Any long campaign in preparation for later this year?
      Are the Trudvang adventures (and Forbidden lands - why not :-)) compatible (setting wise) with Dragonbane?

Thanks

Fenhorn

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 21:30

Before diving in Dragonbane, I simply wanted to know what kind of "officials" adventures and campaign we could expect for Dragonbane?
      Are we talking only about dungeon crawling and exploration? Or could (I do hope) expect more? Would love to see some intrigue, perhaps a little of politics even @ a lower scale.
      And how easy would it be also to tweak the game to a lower fantasy setting? Guess this should be fairly easy ;-)
      We have only seen three adventures so far in the beta, but the campaign that is in the box and some of the hints of the adventures (that we haven't seen) tells there will be a variety of adventures, but there will be exploring and going into tombs and other complexes, that has always been part of the game, since the 80s. The rules technically has nothing to do with the setting and can be adapted to any setting.

Hello any update?
      I was wondering are some adventures going to be added to the adventure pdf/book?
      Are the Trudvang adventures (and Forbidden lands - why not :-)) compatible (setting wise) with Dragonbane?
      The beta will be updated in a week (hopefully) or two with the rest of the adventures (there are 10-11 adventures in the box). Regarding adventures and campaign modules, they have talked about a trilogy called 'Path of Honour' but also of other adventure modules after that. The game will have an OGL that allows 3pp to publish their own modules for the game. Regarding Trudvang adventures, I haven't read any so I don't know, but any BRP scenario will be fairly easy to convert to this. Forbidden Lands aren't BRP but the adventures themselves 'setting wise' wouldn't be a problem, 'stat wise', it would take of work, but I have used old adventures from earlier versions of this game in FbL and that wasn't a problem.
      “Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

cocolebelge
      Topic Author

Sat 28 Jan 2023, 21:38

We have only seen three adventures so far in the beta, but the campaign that is in the box and some of the hints of the adventures (that we haven't seen) tells there will be a variety of adventures, but there will be exploring and going into tombs and other complexes, that has always been part of the game, since the 80s. The rules technically has nothing to do with the setting and can be adapted to any setting.

Hello any update?
      The beta will be updated in a week (hopefully) or two with the rest of the adventures (there are 10-11 adventures in the box). Regarding adventures and campaign modules, they have talked about a trilogy called 'Path of Honour' but also of other adventure modules after that. The game will have an OGL that allows 3pp to publish their own modules for the game. Regarding Trudvang adventures, I haven't read any so I don't know, but any BRP scenario will be fairly easy to convert to this. Forbidden Lands aren't BRP but the adventures themselves 'setting wise' wouldn't be a problem, 'stat wise', it would take of work, but I have used old adventures from earlier versions of this game in FbL and that wasn't a problem.
      Thanks for your answer,
      I do hope they will propose some other kind of adventures. Ok for some exlporing and dungeons, but would really love to see, some other type and direction for adventures. Guess there must be a lot of material if the game exists since the 80's!

JohnWithAgun

Mon 30 Jan 2023, 09:45

Hello people,

My main concern is about the type of adventures that will be proposed soon?

Thanks
      Do you already have forbidden lands? if not i would recommend that :)
      From my personal impressions it seems a better fit for low fantasy and long campaign