JohanR
Topic Author

Reforged Power 2.0 Alpha/Beta

Thu 26 Jan 2023, 01:27

Hi everyone,

I have redone almost everything in Reforged Power.
Material can be found here.

The most significant changes:
  • Everything is modular, it should be a lot easier to just pick the modules you want
  • More aligned to the core rules. Crafting is an example of one of many things that changed. Not because the 1.2 rules were particularly bad, but to better align with the core rules.
  • Split into two booklets, one for the Players and one for the GM
  • Very much expanded to incorporate new things like Stronghold management, in total its up from a 100 pages, to more than 200 (the two booklets combined).

The Player's Booklet is kind of done, considered beta:
  • It lacks feedback from you: critique, spelling, anything really. I expect there to be errors, and I haven't had it proof read. So if you like what has been done and wants to use the material, please consider helping out here! Otherwise it will in the end be you that will be stuck with all the errors :(
  • Some tables are missing background graphics, layout will first be fixed after all feedback is done
  • I would also be grateful if someone can come up with a better "Alchemist: extended options" module table? I just very fast tossed out an idea for monsters here. What are your thoughts?

The Gamemaster's booklet is missing a lot of things, it is only in a pre-alpha stage:
  • The Journey chapter is kind of done, but it could probably be made better. And I very much could remove or changes entries, lists of trees, etc. Feedback needed!
  • Random encounters. It is an embryo. But I will try complete that as one of the next things I do. I will also add a lot of non-monster encounters. Perhaps I could even translate a few found in Swedish here on the site? I can see if I can get permission to do that. I am from Sweden, so the translation part should not be a problem.
  • Monsters. Lore from Bloodmarch and most of my own monsters are missing, I will add those. Please help me come up with resources. Please also consider changing resources already listed. Can it be made more modularized? Should I add alternatives for more Book of Beast monsters? Any more feedback om the monsters i added myself? I got some feedback that they were weak, so I increased their power slightly.
  • Artifacts - considered complete. But if you could come up with better lore or other ideas, I'll consider changing them.
  • Strongholds - events and research is considered complete. Only the different kind of temples part remains to be done. I will more than happily take feedback on that. None of the effects should ideally be because of divine intervention, but be an effect from rituals and belief. So that a GM that want to incorporate any Divine Intervention, can do that on their own.
  • Player Races - these feel way too homebrew. At first I thought I could do some work here, but unless there is some unlikely community consensus on what these these should be.. I will probably just remove this chapter completely.
  • Empowered NPCs - Will in the end probably look more like the random tables I use on Roll20 (the macros will need some updates as well). The talents part needs some updates too.

Finally the printable character sheet also need an overhaul.

Writing this is taking up A LOT of my time. So if you want me to continue doing this:
  • Consider giving me some feedback. I value feedback most of all!
  • Not as important, but on second place: If you like the material, then consider buying it on DriveThruRPG, that really helps me out. It is only the 1.2 version now, but I will update it to 2.0 when it is done. On the other hand, if you have a strained economy, don't buy it, I made it free for a reason and I intend to keep 2.0 free for those of you as well.

And as always, if you at Free League want to use any of my material in any future publication, you are free to do so.

JohanR
Topic Author

Re: Reforged Power 2.0 Alpha/Beta

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 00:09

A big thanks to CuthbertSmilington for submitting feedback. I also changed the psychic talent.

Changes you can find in Player's booklet 1.9.9:
  • Reduced time to make gambeson
  • Added how bonus manipulation and reduced weight can affect an items price.
  • Extra thick silk, now correctly uses double the materials and required time to make.
  • Adequate/inadequate weapons in large scale combat, fixed to better encompass what combatants should ideally have.
  • Psychic power was misspelled. Also changed ranks 3-5 to the rows below. If you have better ideas, please send them to me!
  • ✥ RANK 3: At the end of a session, when you gain xp, gain 1 Willpower Point of you are below your Wits.
  • ✥ RANK 4: When you are at 0 Willpower Points, you may spend up to one point of Wits per round as if they were a WP.
  • ✥ RANK 5: At the end of a session, when you gain xp, gain 1 Willpower Point. Stacks with RANK 3.

Changes you can find in GM's booklet 1.9.8:
  • Extra thick spider silk, now correctly uses double the materials and required time to make.
Last edited by JohanR on Fri 27 Jan 2023, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.

PencilBoy99

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 00:46

Already bought can't wait for the DTRPG version.

Maldion

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 09:03

4 As heat 2 but roll an extra water and a hy￾giene die every Quarter Day. Not having
water makes you both THIRSTY and SLEEPY.
3 You need to roll an extra water resource die
and hygiene die per day.
2 Sleeping on bare ground does not make
you COLD

Think it shuld be like this
4 as heat 3 but roll an extra.........
3 as heat 2 but need to an extra water....

JohanR
Topic Author

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 14:18

Thanks again Maldion! Added some changes, see below:

Changes in Player's booklet 1.9.10:
  • Skipped the references in the heat tables. Just typed it out. Also reordered the tables.
  • Added two new pages, directly after that, that uses the alternative weather from a Journey activity perspective. This doesn't add/change any modules. It is just adds "more easy to reference" pages if the alternative weather system is used. They were perviously used in 1.2, so was a quick fix.

Changes in Player's booklet 1.9.11:
  • Changed sales of consumable items to "Is the item used up, like food, raw materials, or arrows? Then when making a roll, sell up to 10 (or 3d6) units per X if it is an everyday item, 3 (or 1d6) per x if it is a specialized item or 1/x if it is a luxury item".
  • If you lower prices to change something below an everyday item, it now doubles (this will be replaced with triples in the next version) sales, it no longer counts as consumable.

Maldion

Thu 02 Feb 2023, 10:37

i love the EPIC MAGIC for spells

JohanR
Topic Author

Wed 08 Feb 2023, 11:38

Would it be better to instead of naming monsters in "Alchemist: extended options" module, to call for monster-like traits?

Drops of Strength: Heart of a humanoid with 18+ Strength.
Elixir of Wisdom: Teeth from a monster that can change physically or mentally change it appearance
Decoction of Cunning: Essence from a demon or group of demons with 18+ Strength.
Quick Nectar: Feathers plucked from a monster or monster swarm
Healing Water: Blood from a monster with regenerative powers
Longwalk: Ground bones from a group of ghouls or more powerful undead
Quenching Swig: Gall from a sea monster
Bellyfull: Gastric juices from a monster that can dissolve just about anything
Honey of Embers: Blood from a monstrous arthropod (exoskeletal creatures like insects) or group thereof
Elixir of Life: Blood from a dragon (not drake) with 24+ Strength.
Iron Juice: Scales from a monster or pulverized stone from a construct or group of constructs.
Healing Decoction: Blood from a monster with regenerative powers
Refreshing Decoction: Slime from a mollusc monster
Calming Decoction: Blood from a monster made up of different human/animal parts
Intoxicating Decoction: Acid from monster that has an acidic attack
Porridge of Prophecy: Venom from a monster with a poisonous attack
Instant Sobriety: Ichor from an at-least partially non-corporeal undead
Everrun: Sap from a monstrous plant
Neverdown: Heart or hearts from monstrous animals (like larger version of real life animals)
Cat’s Reflexes: Teeth from a cat or snake-like monster
Pain Numb: Essence from a demon or group of demons
Dark Sight: Ashes from the burnt bones of intelligent undead
(Note: You always need at least a monster or group that together has 12+ Strength to have enough ingredients unless something else is mentioned. Slightly less or more could perhaps give a die penalty/bonus?)

This above example will however change some of the things you normally would make them out of...
Elixir of Wisdom (no longer made from trolls - as I don't see the connection, also there were already 3 entries for troll.. and more have actually been added), Decoction of Cunning (no longer made from dragons, although I could/should add that back?), Refreshing Decoction (no longer make from hydra - as I don't see the connection, also there were already 2 entries for hydra.. and more have actually been added).
Is this ok? Or should I reapply these entries to not change anything? Or is there another alternative?

This also makes so that you don't have to guess the number of feathers on a gryphon, and so on, and can make an almost endless amounts of potions from that.
You can simply make 1 batch of potions (one per rolled 6+) per 12 points of Gryphon Strength.

Another thing to consider, should most stuff use blood or something, so that if you find a creature that matches multiple entries, you just gain the benefit of choice, not the benefit of making all different types at once? But this looks like a step away from intentions, so I'll likely skip that.

Any other cool ideas for potions?

--------

Edit: Since I get almost no feedback at all, I'm pausing this and working on other projects for a couple of weeks I guess.
Last edited by JohanR on Mon 13 Mar 2023, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.

Beftrast

Mon 13 Mar 2023, 16:35

I've been using bits and pieces of this in my campaign and I will give feedback as the story progresses. One piece of feedback I have though is about the formatting of all the expanded crafting options, I get all of them being written under their respective talents but it makes finding things a bit troublesome. Might it work better if all the expanded crafting options were laid out in their own section in the equipment chapter, organized per their talents and the talent section simply referencing said chapter?

So far I like most of what I've read and used, I hope you put more work towards this project.

JohanR
Topic Author

Mon 13 Mar 2023, 16:50

Yes, they were organized more like that in the pre-2.0 rules. I shifted it since people wanted it to be more modularized, and that made me able to keep it in one place, under one module.
But I can perhaps do both, or perhaps come up with something better? I can see what I can do on Friday.

Thank you for the feedback!

JohanR
Topic Author

Fri 17 Mar 2023, 18:10

Released version: 1.9.13
I just moved all expanded items them back to the Equipment chapter like you suggested, so no longer listed with their talent. Added you to credits.
Also fixed some typos, added graphics for tables, changed Apothecary talent somewhat and removed erroneous reference to it from Alchemist.