Jeffilini
Topic Author

Hard copy store pdf

Sat 14 Jan 2023, 14:01

Dear,

I purchased a starter set from Tales from the loop and the Core rule book hard copy in a physical store in Belgium. I was wondering if there is a way to get the pdf versions as well? I experience when buying online via Free League, I get automatically a code for DriveThru RPG downloads but not when bought in a physical store. Is there a way to get them?

Thanks in advance!

Fenhorn

Re: Hard copy store pdf

Sat 14 Jan 2023, 14:53

If the store is connected to the Bit and Mortar program then you get the PDFs as well. Since you didn't get that, I guess the store you bought the books aren't connected to that program.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Jeffilini
Topic Author

Sun 15 Jan 2023, 12:29

Thanks for the feedback on this!

Ringo67

Thu 26 Jan 2023, 06:31

So, just to clarify, even though I have a receipt from my local game store, there's no way I can receive a complimentary copy of the PDFs. I will have to re-purchase the content through someplace like DriveThruRPG.

Thanks,
Paul

Kaybe

Fri 03 Mar 2023, 00:34

So, just to clarify, even though I have a receipt from my local game store, there's no way I can receive a complimentary copy of the PDFs. I will have to re-purchase the content through someplace like DriveThruRPG.

Thanks,
Paul
No, as explained above, the store you purchased it at needs to sign up for Bits and Mortar which is the site that nearly all the (non greedy) RPG publishers use to provide PDFs to retail book buyers. If they are not connected to Bits and Mortar, that's their problem, not Free League's. Note that this does not apply to Amazon purchases as Amazon is not a brick and mortar store.

BrianM_32

Thu 15 Feb 2024, 21:42

It's too bad they can't come up with a better way to do this. I'm from Canada and while there are many game stores in the Vancouver area, only 2 appear on the Bits and Mortar site.

I'm looking at getting a copy of Tales from the Lone-lands from a local store and would like the PDF as well, but the store is not on Bits and Mortar. It's actually cheaper for me to buy the book and then get the PDF separately from DriveThruRPG because the shipping is too expensive if I buy directly from Free League. This doesn't seem right to me, however, as I'm essentially buying the same product twice.

Brian M