Emepele
Topic Author

New books?

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 23:06

Hello everyone.

A few years ago I bought the Symbaroum books and I have recently started playing again. Is there an intention to continue using the old setting? Or will the future of the line be 5e forever?

Greetings!

Fenhorn

Re: New books?

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 23:51

Hello everyone.

A few years ago I bought the Symbaroum books and I have recently started playing again. Is there an intention to continue using the old setting? Or will the future of the line be 5e forever?

Greetings!
They have said that they will continue making things for Symbaroum and to be honest, with the latest news about WotC, I'm not so sure there will be a 5e continuation of Symbaroum (this about 5e is me guessing though).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Emepele
Topic Author

Thu 12 Jan 2023, 20:29

They have said that they will continue making things for Symbaroum and to be honest, with the latest news about WotC, I'm not so sure there will be a 5e continuation of Symbaroum (this about 5e is me guessing though).
Is that thing about OGL? Too much noise this days... I had not even thought about that!!

Falenthal

Fri 13 Jan 2023, 20:32

With everything already published for Symbaroum, there are years ahead for playing! And still the last chapter of the Throne of Thorns campaign has to be released.
They said it's already written, it just needs all the editing and stuff, but the book will be on its way sometime along this year.

And once that's done, the authors have already said they have different ideas on the table on how to continue the Symbaroum line, all using their own game system.
No need to worry about how alive Symbaroum is, I bet.
Last edited by Falenthal on Sun 15 Jan 2023, 23:23, edited 2 times in total.

Fenhorn

Fri 13 Jan 2023, 20:54

Regarding Symbaroum 5e and the new OGL, there was some more news today about it, WotC have withdrawn some of the awful things, but I haven't read so much about this yet, so all we can do is to wait and see what FL does.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

schneeland

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 02:12

I assume most people have already seen it, but if not: Free League started spreading the news about ToT 6 / Davokar Awakens today. Pre-order apparently towards the end of this quarter.

Link: Twitter

prettysquid

Fri 27 Jan 2023, 22:09

This is a relief to hear -- ToT seemed to be dangerously close to a "setting finale" campaign, like Faction War for Planescape, End Game for Orpheus, or Gehenna for Vampire: the Masquerade. I'd been worried.